Old May 24th 14, 10:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Non-chronological TfL service status info

Wanting to use the London Overground East London Line during the day
today (Sat), yesterday I checked the service status page for the weekend
on the TfL website.

The first entry for the ELL was...
---quote---
LONDON OVERGROUND: Saturday 24 May, from 1930, and all day Sunday 25
May, no service between Highbury & Islington and West Croydon / Crystal
Palace / Clapham Junction / New Cross. Replacement buses operate."
---/quote---
..

Brilliant, I thought - it's only not working after 7.30pm in the
evening, so I can use it during the day. Then a friend said I should
double check - so I did, and then I found there was in fact an entry
directly below it which said...

---quote---
"LONDON OVERGROUND: Saturday 24 May, until 1930, no service between
Highbury & Islington and New Cross Gate / Clapham Junction / New Cross,
or between Sydenham and West Croydon. Replacement buses operate."
---/quote---
..

So in actual fact the line is disrupted before 1930 - and the only
service running is between Crystal Palace and New Cross Gate.

So why I wonder did the entry for after 1930 appear in the list first? A
bit of chronological order wouldn't go amiss.

Also, checking the service status page for now (as opposed to 'this
weekend'), the only entry that appears is the first one re disruption
before 1930 - you have to specifically click on the date in the top
right corner, then click on "Later today" for the post-1930 information
to appear.

I appreciate the design concept for the 'now' service status page is to
present what's happening *right now*, but I think it'd be better if it
also said what was going to happen later today too.

(As an aside, when I click on some of the links in the topmost bar -
e.g. the blue TfL logo to jump to the home page, or the "Status updates"
text link, I'm intermittently getting a 404 error page instead - that
definitely shouldn't be happening!)