Old June 25th 14, 11:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL acknowledges contactless technology risk

On Tuesday, 24 June 2014 23:47:02 UTC+1, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 23:35:38 +0100, Tony Dragon

wrote:

The Freedom Pass also can clash (error 94 on the reader)

As it is an Oyster card, but just formatted differently, then that's

not a surprise. In due course I would expect other smartcards in ITSO

format will also clash - that depends on the ITSO functionality being

switched on on the TfL network of card reading devices. The TfL card

readers will in due course read Oyster, contactless bank cards and

ITSO spec cards.

--

Paul C

I think 13th October is when ITSO cards should be usable on any Oyster reader.

http://www.c2c-online.co.uk/tickets-...art-card/index

The fares are already loaded on the database

e.g. http://www.brfares.com/#expert?orig=SRY&dest=ZMP

For anyone keeping track, the c2c Smart OID is 0247

Old June 25th 14, 05:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 16:39:51 on
Wed, 25 Jun 2014, Paul Corfield remarked:

I wonder if we will see Southern also extending the Key at the same
time?

They keep saying they will, but without having followed it chapter and
verse, I'm pretty sure it's "delayed".

eg: "To complement the ITSO deployment, Cubic has also implemented new
gate lines at Gatwick Airport and Brighton, the biggest stations served
by Southern outside of London. The next stage of the project will see
Cubic deploy the technology to provide ITSO capability on the remaining
Oyster overground gate estate, with the final stage enabling London
Underground and buses to accept ITSO cards in early 2014."

Is it still "early 2014" ??

People have been anticipating "ITSO on Prestige" since at least 2009.
Including a GoVia press release:

"Introduction of an ITSO-certified Smartcard ticketing system across the
network by January 2012"

Old June 25th 14, 07:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 20:48:45 +0100, (Mark Bestley)
wrote:

Scott wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 12:18:07 -0700 (PDT), CJB
wrote:

From RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest Tuesday 24 June 2014 Volume 28 :
Issue 04

Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 19:41:13 +0100 From: Wm redacted

Subject: London transport authority acknowledges contactless technology
risk

How many organisations have warned users of their cards about the risks
vs how many have been discovered and reported ?

I was checking the balance on my Oyster card [1] on-line and noticed
this:

http://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments...ter/card-clash

= = = =

Card clash

Keeping your Oyster card in your wallet or purse with other cards could
cause card clash.

This all looks like commonsense to me - and I only visit the capital
occasionally.

Yes but I currently have one holder for all cards - who will pay for the
extra holders I need now?

I thought Oyster card holders were issued free of charge.

Can Tfl assure me that I get a red light and not credit the wrong card.

If you keep the other card out of the way, I assume this will be the
situation. If you pay using the wrong card, is it the end of the
world?

The current system works. How can I keep it?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_64zigqui40_b

Old June 25th 14, 08:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 25/06/2014 15:30, Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message , Tony Dragon
writes

The Freedom Pass also can clash (error 94 on the reader)

That's (very) rarely a clash but a mis-read when someone waves their
card about and expected the reader to magically read it. Freedom pass
users are one of the worst offenders at this but not unique.

A proper CPC clash is 70 or 71 which is reporting it's detected 2 cards
or a read error.

Those more observant of you may have noticed that recently the UTS gates
have had a software upgrade and many of these codes now report a 'plain
text' translation of the error code on the second text line.

Lets see, Freedom Pass in wallet, Debit Card in wallet, gates don't open.
Remove either, gates open.
So a card clash.

---

Old June 25th 14, 10:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 25/06/2014 15:30, Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message , Tony Dragon
writes

The Freedom Pass also can clash (error 94 on the reader)

That's (very) rarely a clash but a mis-read when someone waves their
card about and expected the reader to magically read it. Freedom pass
users are one of the worst offenders at this but not unique.

A proper CPC clash is 70 or 71 which is reporting it's detected 2 cards
or a read error.

Those more observant of you may have noticed that recently the UTS gates
have had a software upgrade and many of these codes now report a 'plain
text' translation of the error code on the second text line.

What does Error 80 mean, BTW? That is the code that I have experienced
once or twice on the Contactless pilot programme.