Old December 6th 14, 09:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default DLR Late evening frequency from Bank

I'm increasingly noting between 22:00 and midnight that the DLR platform
at Bank is incredibly busy and that by the time a train arrives it
leaves full (well, no seats available and a number of people standing).

Given the reduced frequencies at this time of night is there not a case
for increasing them given that many other services run at a higher
frequency but seem to take less passengers?

Or is it that the loads on the DLR peak on the Bank-Shadwell initial
leg and that it progressively gets emptier from then on?

Old December 9th 14, 06:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Service interval will become every five minutes (up to 2330) in January.
Old December 10th 14, 12:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

A five minute frequency on the Bank - Lewisham line would be awesome. I wonder if that was part of the new operator's proposal when the won the contract? I'm sure it'll generate more revenue anyway.

To add to the wish list, it would be great to introduce 24 hour weekend running when it comes in on the tube and to run trains later from Canary Wharf to Lewisham every night so that passengers arriving on the last Jubilee Line trains are able to travel south of the river. All day through trains from Lewisham to Stratford or even Greenwich to Stratford would be excellent and maybe some morning peak trains starting at Mudchute so that people starting their journeys there can get on a train more easily. Maybe I'm being a little greedy - I'll settle for the five minute evening frequency for now!