Old February 10th 15, 03:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Shortened 3-car class 365 unit?

There have been some reports suggesting that a class 365 unit is running
around on GN in 3-car formation. This includes a local resident who I've
known for many years stating:

"I have seen a short (3 car) 365 pass through Queen Adelaide. At the
time I thought I was seeing things."

Given what I know about the writer's history I would be very surprised if he
was wrong about this.

In addition, I saw the GN web site state last night that the 2214 train from
King's Cross was shortened to 3 cars and that first class would be
declassified. Others have reported elsewhere on usenet seeing similar
messages, not necessarily about that particular train.

A Network Rail source of mine could not add any information.

Anyone know what the story is here?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old February 10th 15, 05:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

According to Wikipedia, one of the trailers has the pantograph while the other has the compressor, so I wouldn't have thought that a 3-car was possible.