Old April 10th 15, 01:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Man fighting for life after being hit in the head by Tube train in horrific accident at Stockwell station

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...tube-train-at-
stockwell-station-in-horrific-accident-10167004.html?icn=ticker-2

Old April 10th 15, 02:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...tube-train-at-
stockwell-station-in-horrific-accident-10167004.html?icn=ticker-2

Another case that would have been prevented by PEDs. However, it was hard
to tell from the contradictory witness accounts just how bad his injuries
were.
Old April 10th 15, 02:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

One question that will come up will be whether he was standing behind the yellow line. And while I don't want to play down some of the "witness testimony", I very much doubt that he would be "fighting for his life" if he had been "decapitated".
Old April 10th 15, 02:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Lewis wrote:
One question that will come up will be whether he was standing behind the
yellow line. And while I don't want to play down some of the "witness
testimony", I very much doubt that he would be "fighting for his life" if
he had been "decapitated".

At least one of the other witnesses said that his head was in one place,
but bloody. Another one described him as "topless" -- does that just mean
the paramedics pulled off his clothes to treat him?
Old April 10th 15, 03:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at
07:41:34 on Fri, 10 Apr 2015, Steve Lewis
remarked:
One question that will come up will be whether he was standing behind the yellow line.

He was bending over, it's reported. So everything from his shoulders
down could have been behind the yellow line, but his head still exposed.

And while I don't want to play down some of the "witness testimony", I very much doubt that he would be "fighting for his life" if he had been
"decapitated".

Indeed.

Old April 10th 15, 03:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
-septem
ber.org, at 14:54:39 on Fri, 10 Apr 2015, Recliner
remarked:

At least one of the other witnesses said that his head was in one place,
but bloody.

One piece, I read. Which could be bouncing down the platform.

Also many reports about the chap being "just meters away" [from
bystanders]. No mention of whether they were gas or electricity meters.
Old April 10th 15, 05:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Friday, 10 April 2015 14:54:18 UTC+1, Roland Perry wrote:
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...tube-train-at-
stockwell-station-in-horrific-accident-10167004.html?icn=ticker-2

It sounds hilarious!!
Old April 10th 15, 05:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I don't agree that having paedophiles wandering around the platform assists passenger safety.
Old April 22nd 15, 04:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21.04.15 16:37, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 14:51:42 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...tube-train-at-
stockwell-station-in-horrific-accident-10167004.html?icn=ticker-2

BTP have just confirmed the man has died from his injuries. Awful.

Condolences to him and his family.
Old April 24th 15, 08:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...tube-train-at-
stockwell-station-in-horrific-accident-10167004.html?icn=ticker-2

BTP have just confirmed the man has died from his injuries. Awful.

I note that there was a very significant delay between him dying and the
death being announced (over a week). I presume there's nothing more
behind that than BTP and others unfortunately being unable to contact
his family or some such?