Old May 21st 15, 09:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New 'London Connections' map with added LO and new family member,TfL Rail

On Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 3:29:17 PM UTC+1, Mizter T wrote:
The new Tube map incorporating the new parts of LO and also TfL Rail can
be seen in PDF format via this link:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/documents/tube-map-may-2015.pdf

I'm not doubting that there may be very good reasons, but I think having Romford-Upminster as a divorced bit of London Overground *looks* rather dopey!

PhilD

Old May 22nd 15, 07:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New 'London Connections' map with added LO and new family member,

In message , at 16:30:39
on Thu, 21 May 2015, remarked:
Will AGA be left with any routes of its own in Greater London? I can't think
of any.

Services to Stansted Airport, Cambridge[1], Southend, Chelmsford and
beyond on the main line.

[1] Extended to the Fen Line at peaks.
Old May 22nd 15, 07:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I just looked at the timetable for the Cheshunt/Chingford lines,

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms...e-may-2015.pdf

and during the repeating sections (all day Saturday and Sunday and bits
on weekdays), there are 8 tph between Liverpool Street and Hackney
Downs, with alternating 1 minute and 14 minute gaps in either direction
at Hackney Downs!

The line map is also crap... it uses a dagger to show that trains to and
from Chingford do not call at London Fields or Cambridge Heath, instead
of just drawing separate lines interchanging at Hackney Downs, like this
http://www.londonbusblinds.com/prodi...tan%20Line.jpg
Old May 22nd 15, 06:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote:

I just looked at the timetable for the Cheshunt/Chingford lines,

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms...e-may-2015.pdf

and during the repeating sections (all day Saturday and Sunday and
bits on weekdays), there are 8 tph between Liverpool Street and
Hackney Downs, with alternating 1 minute and 14 minute gaps in either
direction at Hackney Downs!

The line map is also crap... it uses a dagger to show that trains to
and from Chingford do not call at London Fields or Cambridge Heath,
instead of just drawing separate lines interchanging at Hackney
Downs, like this

http://www.londonbusblinds.com/prodi...tan%20Line.jpg

The problem is if you spread out the slow trains more evenly, they will
get in the way of the fast trains to Stansted/Cambridge. Short of
building extra tracks between Liverpool Street and Bethnal Green, I
don't think there is any easy answer to this problem.

Peter Smyth

Old May 23rd 15, 01:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Thu, 21 May 2015 20:18:09 -0500,

wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Thu, 21 May 2015 16:30:39 -0500,

wrote:

Will AGA be left with any routes of its own in Greater London? I can't
think of any.

It will stll serve Stratford and Romford on the Great Eastern.

Peak time Hertford East services continue to run semi fast via Seven
Sisters and Southbury. They will also run all services via T Hale and
from Stratford on the Lea Valley Main Line - there are several
stations within Greater London on that route.

I hadn't spotted those earlier, so they are definitely a few.

When / if we get the STAR services from Stratford to Angel Road then I
expect they will be with Greater Anglia as things stand. No mention
yet of TfL wanting to run those services.

STAR?

The scheme to add a third track from Coppermill Junction to Angel Road
to allow a local 15 minute stopping service to run between Stratford
and Angel Road. There would be 2 extra tracks at Tottenham Hale to
allow trains to pass each other. This is due to be completed by
2018/19 if the costs can be contained within the available funding.
Network Rail are doing their GRIP work to develop the design and
provide a more robust cost estimate.

Thanks. I wasn't aware of the acronym. I'm aware NR work is going on but I
thought it was for four tracking.

There is info in the relevant Network Rail CP5 / planning documents.

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/cp5-del...-delivery-plan
..pdf

See page 61.

Thanks. Interesting that options for grade separation at Coppermill Junction
& Clapton Junction are not mentioned.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old May 23rd 15, 06:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2015\05\23 02:17, wrote:
In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Thu, 21 May 2015 20:18:09 -0500,

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

It seems to me that a branch of the Victoria Line on the surface from
Northumberland Park Depot (south east side) to the centre of the
development would be far better, and it's not obviously more expensive
than all of that three-tracking. Are they really three-tracking all the
way to Stratford? Is the Lea Bridge line busy enough to need it?
Old May 23rd 15, 07:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 20:17:15
on Fri, 22 May 2015, remarked:

Will AGA be left with any routes of its own in Greater London? I can't
think of any.

Services to Stansted Airport, Cambridge[1], Southend, Chelmsford and
beyond on the main line.

[1] Extended to the Fen Line at peaks.

How many of them are in Greater London?

They all have one end in Greater London.
Old May 23rd 15, 02:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 22/05/2015 19:37, Peter Smyth wrote:

Basil Jet wrote:

[...]

Agreed. And even if one wanted to build an extra pair of tracks, there
just isn't any space really.