Old November 23rd 15, 10:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Metropolitan Line to be extended

http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/n...ng-agreed.html

Old November 23rd 15, 11:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Offramp wrote:
http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/n...ng-agreed.html

I keep thinking it's all systems go with this long-delayed project, and
then hear there's been yet another final agreement. I wonder how many more
times?

It's amazing that it's taken this long and will cost so much, to build a
short new viaduct and reinstate a mothballed line that's largely intact.

Old November 24th 15, 02:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 2015\11\24 00:30, Recliner wrote:
Offramp wrote:
http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/n...ng-agreed.html

I keep thinking it's all systems go with this long-delayed project, and
then hear there's been yet another final agreement. I wonder how many more
times?

It's amazing that it's taken this long and will cost so much, to build a
short new viaduct and reinstate a mothballed line that's largely intact.

Construction of the Metropolitan Railway from Paddington to Farringdon,
cut and cover most of the way, started in March 1860 and it opened to
the public in January 1863. So this construction is planned to take
significantly longer.
Old November 24th 15, 06:41 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Offramp wrote:
http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/n...ng-agreed.html

I keep thinking it's all systems go with this long-delayed project, and
then hear there's been yet another final agreement. I wonder how many more
times?

It's amazing that it's taken this long and will cost so much, to build a
short new viaduct and reinstate a mothballed line that's largely intact.

Construction of the Metropolitan Railway from Paddington to Farringdon,
cut and cover most of the way, started in March 1860 and it opened to
the public in January 1863. So this construction is planned to take
significantly longer.

I know, it's crazy that an entirely above-ground short railway, mostly
built on an existing trackbed, is taking longer to (re)build than a complex
cut-and-cover pioneering railway did 150+ years earlier. I think it's also
taken much longer to plan and agree it.
Old November 24th 15, 12:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tuesday, 24 November 2015 03:00:45 UTC, Basil Jet wrote:

Construction of the Metropolitan Railway from Paddington to Farringdon,
cut and cover most of the way, started in March 1860 and it opened to
the public in January 1863. So this construction is planned to take
significantly longer.

LOROL! That is pretty funny!

Old November 24th 15, 08:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 00:30:33 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

Offramp wrote:
http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/n...ng-agreed.html

I keep thinking it's all systems go with this long-delayed project, and
then hear there's been yet another final agreement. I wonder how many more
times?

It's amazing that it's taken this long and will cost so much, to build a
short new viaduct and reinstate a mothballed line that's largely intact.

I think we are now done. The latest problem was caused by the
valuation of transferred land from HCC to TfL. TfL, as part of the
transfer arrangements, have reviewed all cost estimates, value of
works done so far plus transferred assets. This meant a hole was
found in the funding package and HCC refused to top up the gap even
though their valuation caused the issue.

This article describes Hertfordshire's GBP 2.73 million wizzard wheeze
of paying for the link with disused trackbed they bought for one pound.
http://www.railtechnologymagazine.com/rail-news/tfl-must-plug-273-croxley-link-shortfall-after-council-offers-1-wasteland

Nick