Old January 8th 16, 09:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Streatham Common Hub

On page 116 of

https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/tub...port_final.pdf

is a simple map of South London. It seems to have been thrown together,
not least because it shows the Catford Loop calling at Brockley, which
I'm sure is a mistake rather than a proposal for diversion, but also the
double interchange blob at Blackfriars has Friday afternoon written all
over it.

However, I'm interested in the Streatham Common Hub. It seems to be
suggesting that new platforms would be built on the Thameslink tracks
(Streatham to Tooting / Eastfields) but not on the South Central tracks
(Balham to Eastfields). But the new Thameslink platforms would be a long
distance from the current station, so I'm wondering if the existing
station would be moved northward past the junction, in which case the
Streatham - Streatham Common stations would no longer be able to call at
it (I assume the curve to Streatham is too curved for platforms).

I have to say, looking at a map I struggle to find many journeys which
the new interchange would allow that you can't do now by changing at
Streatham. But without fully understanding the frequencies of all the
lines, I can't say how how inconvenient or possibly unusable the current
interchange is.

Old January 9th 16, 03:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 4:07:29 AM UTC, Basil Jet wrote:

it shows the Catford Loop calling at Brockley, which
I'm sure is a mistake

Could they be thinking of reopening the "Brockley High Level" station, Brockley Lane, which is between Nunhead and Lewisham, and is directly over the LBSCR Brockley station?
Old January 9th 16, 11:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2016\01\09 15:01, contrex wrote:
On Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 4:07:29 AM UTC, Basil Jet wrote:

it shows the Catford Loop calling at Brockley, which
I'm sure is a mistake

Could they be thinking of reopening the "Brockley High Level" station, Brockley Lane, which is between Nunhead and Lewisham, and is directly over the LBSCR Brockley station?

Yes, but the Catford Loop doesn't go near that.

Old January 11th 16, 12:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 09:39:14PM +0000, Basil Jet wrote:

However, I'm interested in the Streatham Common Hub. It seems to be
suggesting that new platforms would be built on the Thameslink tracks
(Streatham to Tooting / Eastfields) but not on the South Central tracks
(Balham to Eastfields). But the new Thameslink platforms would be a long
distance from the current station, so I'm wondering if the existing
station would be moved northward past the junction

Unlikely, given that they've only just finished extending it southwards.

I expect that there would either be a footpath from Streatham Common
Low Level to SC High Level, or it would be an OSI with passengers
walking along Eardley Road.

I have to say, looking at a map I struggle to find many journeys which
the new interchange would allow that you can't do now by changing at
Streatham.

It won't allow any new journeys but it will make some quicker or more
frequent because you won't have to wait for the right train to take you
from Down South to Streatham to change, you'll be able to just get the
first train that comes along and change at Streatham Common.

Irregular English:
ladies glow; gentlemen perspire; brutes, oafs and athletes sweat