London Banter

-   -   Last class 378 goes 5 car (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14788-last-class-378-goes-5-a.html)

eastender[_5_] February 16th 16 05:14 PM

Last class 378 goes 5 car

And it says so.

http://anonw.com/2016/02/15/the-last...en-lengthened/

[email protected] February 16th 16 05:40 PM

Last class 378 goes 5 car

In article 2016021618144730334-email@domaincom,
(eastender) wrote:

And it says so.

http://anonw.com/2016/02/15/the-last...en-lengthened/

Reading the rest of the article, it's a pity they don't make use of the dual
system capability to use overhead AC on the Euston approaches and simplify
the layout there by chucking out the DC electrification when the changes
ahead of HS2 are implemented. I was amazed to see they're keeping the dual
voltage tracks through those changes.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Recliner[_3_] February 16th 16 10:00 PM

Last class 378 goes 5 car

(eastender) wrote:

And it says so.

http://anonw.com/2016/02/15/the-last...en-lengthened/

Reading the rest of the article, it's a pity they don't make use of the dual
system capability to use overhead AC on the Euston approaches and simplify
the layout there by chucking out the DC electrification when the changes
ahead of HS2 are implemented. I was amazed to see they're keeping the dual
voltage tracks through those changes.

Yes, it is strange. Perhaps there isn't a suitable voltage change point on
the Euston approach?