Old February 27th 04, 11:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Anyone know about East London Line Project progress?

Is any construction work being done on the East London Line Project?

The project's website www.ellp.co.uk says that "the legal challenges
relating to the Bishopsgate Goods Yard were resolved in July 2003",
and "demolition of the non-listed viaduct began on 14 July 2003 to
make way for the future Shoreditch High Street station".

I had expected that once those legal challenges were overcome, work
would begin. Do they not have funding now? What's going on?

Dominic

Old February 29th 04, 11:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dominic" wrote in message
om...

Is any construction work being done on the East London Line Project?

Work was going on on the Dalston Junction area about a years ago. I haven't
been there since. I would imagine that the Shoreditch end will be left until
last, so that the time between the closure of the existing station and the
opening of the new station is as short as possible.

I am surprised that no-one has devoted an entire fansite to the project: a
new open-air railway through inner London is an extremely rare opportunity
for camera-owning rail buffs.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old February 29th 04, 11:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Is any construction work being done on the East London Line Project?

Yes. There is quite a large construction site at the corner of
Shoreditch High Street and Bethnal Green Road. This is just north of
the main tracks out of Liverpool Street.

Matt Ashby

www.fornogoodreason.org.uk

Old February 29th 04, 07:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"TheOneKEA" wrote in message
om...

Has a new working draft Tube map been
published yet that shows what the map will
look like with the new ELL extensions in place?

There's one in the back of the "Mr Beck's Underground Map" book, but this
shows an earlier version of Crossrail as well, so it might no longer be the
right geometry.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped