Old July 19th 16, 11:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Awful journey planners

On 18/07/2016 18:30, Peter Smyth wrote: (on Google Maps)
It doesn't seem to have weekend closures though, for next Saturday it
is advising me to use the District Line to Wimbledon even though the
branch is closed.

Ah that's a good test. I was impressed by the recommendations higher up
the thread to use CityMapper, and it does seem better in many ways than
the TfL or NR journey planners, in that it suggests a number of
alternatives, has times for changing trains etc., and has timings for a
set of buses/tubes/trains, not just the one it thinks you will take.

But I just tried it for Embankment to Wimbledon for next Saturday and it
does indeed suggest taking the District Line. Pity.

--
Clive Page

Old July 24th 16, 07:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 17 Jul 2016 07:35:36 -0400, burfordTjustice wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2016 09:18:45 +0100
Clive Page wrote:

it took me the best part of half-an-hour,

damn, stop the world, a whole half hour
to plan a trip...Pathetic

And why should anyone want to plan an awful journey?
Old July 25th 16, 03:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Hmmm... Apparently Google Maps is adding transit delays...

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/07...to-some-users/

Old August 2nd 16, 10:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive Page wrote:

it took me the best part of half-an-hour,

damn, stop the world, a whole half hour
to plan a trip...Pathetic

What justice do you offer, apart from utter inanity?
Old August 3rd 16, 10:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:
Hmmm... Apparently Google Maps is adding transit delays...

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/07...to-some-users/

I learnt to distrust Google Maps transit times when I got off the Caltrain
at Mountain View to catch the VTA light rail, to discover that most of the
route had been bustituted and was completely different from the times Google
Maps told me (taking an extra hour). If Google can't cope with scheduled
service changes /in their home town/ I don't think there's much hope for the
rest of us.

Theo