Old August 10th 16, 11:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default If you can read this, you're already stuck...

Old August 10th 16, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Someone Somewhere wrote:

I wonder how many dozy drivers trying to read the signs will run into the
back of the bus or an intermediate car?

Old August 10th 16, 03:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 12:45:02 +0100
Someone Somewhere wrote:

Nice bit of irony there. When I used to drive to work around London a lot of
delays were caused by buses blocking the roads at bus stops because there
wasn't enough room for vehicles to pass if there was oncoming traffic.

--
Spud

Old August 10th 16, 03:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
-sept
ember.org, Recliner writes
Someone Somewhere wrote:

I wonder how many dozy drivers trying to read the signs will run into the
back of the bus or an intermediate car?

I really can't see the logic of this. It appears to be only of relevance
if following the bus routle, is distracting and covers no more info than
my sat nav.
--
Bryan Morris
Old August 10th 16, 09:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2016\08\10 16:07, Bryan Morris wrote:
In message
-sept
ember.org, Recliner writes
Someone Somewhere wrote:

I wonder how many dozy drivers trying to read the signs will run into the
back of the bus or an intermediate car?

I really can't see the logic of this. It appears to be only of relevance
if following the bus routle, is distracting and covers no more info than
my sat nav.

Maybe the display manufacturer had a brown envelope of money going spare
and it went under someone's table into someone's pocket!

Old August 11th 16, 08:21 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Someone Somewhere wrote:

Nice bit of irony there. When I used to drive to work around London a lot of
delays were caused by buses blocking the roads at bus stops because there
wasn't enough room for vehicles to pass if there was oncoming traffic.

--
Spud
Appallingly, that is still the case. When TfL was first set up,
Ken Livingstone and Derek Turner began widening pavements
at bus stops to ensure that no vehicles could pass the bus.
(Like so many of the anti-motor car tricks deployed by TfL, the
idea had been pioneered in Waltham Forest)
Old August 13th 16, 04:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Someone Somewhere wrote:

I wonder how many dozy drivers trying to read the signs will run into
the back of the bus or an intermediate car?

I really can't see the logic of this. It appears to be only of relevance
if following the bus routle, is distracting and covers no more info than
my sat nav.

Maybe the display manufacturer had a brown envelope of money going spare
and it went under someone's table into someone's pocket!

Or maybe it's just an idea that's being trialled. Seeing everything as a
conspiracy must be very trying.
Old August 13th 16, 04:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 10/08/2016 15:43, Recliner wrote:

Someone Somewhere wrote:

I wonder how many dozy drivers trying to read the signs will run into the
back of the bus or an intermediate car?

My thoughts. Still, perhaps it's worth a trial.