Old February 23rd 17, 06:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster product pickup improvements

From this April it should be possible to pick up online Oyster purchases within 30 minutes, and without having to nominate a particular station. It will also be possible to pick up purchases on buses.

TfL are also planning to introduce an Oyster app to complement this improvement.

Details are at:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...20Redacted.pdf

Old February 24th 17, 06:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Matthew Dickinson) wrote:

From this April it should be possible to pick up online Oyster
purchases within 30 minutes, and without having to nominate a
particular station. It will also be possible to pick up purchases on
buses.

TfL are also planning to introduce an Oyster app to complement this
improvement.

Details are at:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...41160/attach/3
/Issue%2095%20Redacted.pdf

Hooray! The current rules are an utter pain for infrequent out-of-London
users like me. I got caught out by the evening deadline too once, topping up
for a planned journey the next day. Living in Cambridge I can't even be sure
where I'll start an Oyster journey.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old February 24th 17, 10:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote on 24 Feb 2017 at 07:40 ...
In article ,
(Matthew Dickinson) wrote:

From this April it should be possible to pick up online Oyster
purchases within 30 minutes, and without having to nominate a
particular station. It will also be possible to pick up purchases on
buses.

TfL are also planning to introduce an Oyster app to complement this
improvement.

Details are at:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...41160/attach/3
/Issue%2095%20Redacted.pdf

Hooray! The current rules are an utter pain for infrequent out-of-London
users like me. I got caught out by the evening deadline too once, topping up
for a planned journey the next day. Living in Cambridge I can't even be sure
where I'll start an Oyster journey.

If you used Auto Top-up, you wouldn't have that problem.
--
Richard J.
Old February 24th 17, 02:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote:

If you used Auto Top-up, you wouldn't have that problem.

Perhaps. I received a small post journey credit on a couple of Oyster cards that
apparently exceeded the daily cap one day. I nominated Edgware station thinking
I'd be back there soon, but haven't made it yet and haven't been concerned
enough to change the nomination.
Old February 25th 17, 01:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

wrote on 24 Feb 2017 at 07:40 ...

From this April it should be possible to pick up online Oyster

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ttach/3/Issue%
2095%20Redacted.pdf

Hooray! The current rules are an utter pain for infrequent out-of-London
users like me. I got caught out by the evening deadline too once,
topping up for a planned journey the next day. Living in Cambridge I
can't even be sure where I'll start an Oyster journey.

If you used Auto Top-up, you wouldn't have that problem.

I don't use Oyster enough to justify lending TfL so much money.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old February 25th 17, 09:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

wrote on 24 Feb 2017 at 07:40 ...
In article ,
(Matthew Dickinson) wrote:

From this April it should be possible to pick up online Oyster
purchases within 30 minutes, and without having to nominate a
particular station. It will also be possible to pick up purchases on
buses.

TfL are also planning to introduce an Oyster app to complement this
improvement.

Details are at:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ttach/3/Issue%
2095%20Redacted.pdf

Hooray! The current rules are an utter pain for infrequent
out-of-London
users like me. I got caught out by the evening deadline too once,
topping up for a planned journey the next day. Living in Cambridge I
can't even be sure where I'll start an Oyster journey.

If you used Auto Top-up, you wouldn't have that problem.

I don't use Oyster enough to justify lending TfL so much money.

me neither

the auto-top-up that works for me is

5 pounds added when it goes below 5 pounds

tim

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old February 25th 17, 11:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (tim...)
wrote:

wrote in message
In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

wrote on 24 Feb 2017 at 07:40 ...
In article ,
(Matthew Dickinson) wrote:

From this April it should be possible to pick up online Oyster
[...]

My balance is almost always below £5.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old February 25th 17, 11:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 10:31:05 on Sat, 25 Feb
2017, tim... remarked:

If you used Auto Top-up, you wouldn't have that problem.

I don't use Oyster enough to justify lending TfL so much money.

me neither

the auto-top-up that works for me is

5 pounds added when it goes below 5 pounds

Only £20 or £40 is available currently, and the trigger is £10.
Old February 25th 17, 11:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2017-02-25 12:14:53 +0000, Roland Perry said:

Only £20 or £40 is available currently, and the trigger is £10.

For anyone with a contactless card it's kind of losing its role anyway.
I cashed all my Oysters in and now just use contactless.

Neil
--
Neil Williams

Old February 25th 17, 12:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
news
In message , at 10:31:05 on Sat, 25 Feb 2017,
tim... remarked:

If you used Auto Top-up, you wouldn't have that problem.

I don't use Oyster enough to justify lending TfL so much money.

me neither

the auto-top-up that works for me is

5 pounds added when it goes below 5 pounds

Only £20 or £40 is available currently, and the trigger is £10.

yes

that's the point!

tim