London Banter

-   -   Drunk driver crashes into American crowd, injures 28 (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15281-drunk-driver-crashes-into-american.html)

burfordTjustice[_2_] February 26th 17 11:43 AM

Drunk driver crashes into American crowd, injures 28

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 10:53:11 +0000
Basil Jet wrote:

Maybe they should only let people into America who
belong to a religion that forbids drinking alcohol?

"Hafhel Mohammed Al Humayed admitted one count of being drunk on a plane and
one count of common assault and will be sentenced at Isleworth Crown Court
on March 22.

"He remains in custody until sentencing and could face a prison sentence
before being deported back to the Middle East."

http://tinyurl.com/hu4lqot

More details: http://tinyurl.com/jml3tpx

ColinR February 26th 17 04:19 PM

Basil Jet wrote:

Maybe they should only let people into America who
belong to a religion that forbids drinking alcohol?

"Hafhel Mohammed Al Humayed admitted one count of being drunk on a plane and
one count of common assault and will be sentenced at Isleworth Crown Court
on March 22.

"He remains in custody until sentencing and could face a prison sentence
before being deported back to the Middle East."

http://tinyurl.com/hu4lqot

More details: http://tinyurl.com/jml3tpx

I flew back from Dahran in Saudi Arabia (now King Fahd airport) via
Kuwait some time back. Service between Dahran and Kuwait was excellent.
After Kuwait the cabin crew were at full stretch supplying alcohol to
the mainly Saudi passengers. No sign of alcohol prohibition as soon as
the plane left Arab airspace!!

--
Colin

Roland Perry February 26th 17 04:37 PM

Drunk driver crashes into American crowd, injures 28

In message , at 17:19:56 on Sun, 26 Feb
2017, ColinR remarked:
I flew back from Dahran in Saudi Arabia (now King Fahd airport) via
Kuwait some time back. Service between Dahran and Kuwait was excellent.
After Kuwait the cabin crew were at full stretch supplying alcohol to
the mainly Saudi passengers. No sign of alcohol prohibition as soon as
the plane left Arab airspace!!

Only making a factual, rather than political, point. But Emirates serves
alcohol on its flights and at their flyer club in Dubai, which also has
an airline-agnostic pub, and several city centre 5* hotels serve
alcohol. OTOH, a flight I took on Air Egypt back to the UK was dry
codeshare with BMI, iirc).

ColinR February 26th 17 07:07 PM

On 26/02/2017 17:37, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 17:19:56 on Sun, 26 Feb
2017, ColinR remarked:
I flew back from Dahran in Saudi Arabia (now King Fahd airport) via
Kuwait some time back. Service between Dahran and Kuwait was
excellent. After Kuwait the cabin crew were at full stretch supplying
alcohol to the mainly Saudi passengers. No sign of alcohol prohibition
as soon as the plane left Arab airspace!!

Only making a factual, rather than political, point. But Emirates serves
alcohol on its flights and at their flyer club in Dubai, which also has
an airline-agnostic pub, and several city centre 5* hotels serve
alcohol. OTOH, a flight I took on Air Egypt back to the UK was dry
codeshare with BMI, iirc).

The above was with Air France

--
Colin