Old May 6th 17, 04:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default GOBLIN: FURTHER ELECTRIFICATION WORK.

Since Network Rail's failure to complete the
electrification work between Woodgrange Road and
Gospel Oak during the recent several months closure
of the line, rumours have floated around the Internet
that a second blockade will take place in August. I have
found no confirmation of that from either Network Rail
or TfL.

This afternoon I noticed that in the past few days more
masts have been erected in the Leytonstone section of the
route, and that several more are strewn alongside the track.

Tomorrow the entire Goblin is closed. I assume that this is
to enable more masts to be installed.

Old May 8th 17, 02:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Recliner wrote:
Can't masts be erected while the line is open?

I doubt it; it'll involve workers too close to the running line,
let alone the risk of the mast fouling the track should anything
go even slightly wrong.

--
Mike Bristow

Old May 8th 17, 02:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 8 May 2017 14:02:38 +0100
Mike Bristow wrote:
In article ,
Recliner wrote:
Can't masts be erected while the line is open?

I doubt it; it'll involve workers too close to the running line,
let alone the risk of the mast fouling the track should anything
go even slightly wrong.

Isn't that exactly what's being done on the great western line?

--
Spud

Old May 8th 17, 03:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 08 May 2017 12:02:19 +0100, Recliner
wrote:

On Sat, 6 May 2017 08:53:45 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Since Network Rail's failure to complete the
electrification work between Woodgrange Road and
Gospel Oak during the recent several months closure
of the line, rumours have floated around the Internet
that a second blockade will take place in August. I have
found no confirmation of that from either Network Rail
or TfL.

This afternoon I noticed that in the past few days more
masts have been erected in the Leytonstone section of the
route, and that several more are strewn alongside the track.

Tomorrow the entire Goblin is closed. I assume that this is
to enable more masts to be installed.

I thought the big short-term project which required line closures was
fixing the two sewers they penetrated, or has that been completed?

Can't masts be erected while the line is open?

Probably not, the route from from Woodgrange Park to Walthamstow is
elevated above ground level & mostly on a continuous brick viaduct.
If one line could be closed it might be possible to erect the masts
from a rail-mounred vehicle, but the passenger service would have to
be cut back, perhaps to one TPH each way.

DC

---

Old May 8th 17, 04:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

So probably done overnight or when sections of the line are closed at
weekends.

Old May 22nd 17, 11:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Monday, 8 May 2017 12:02:20 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:

I thought the big short-term project which required line closures was
fixing the two sewers they penetrated, or has that been completed?

Can't masts be erected while the line is open?

The sewer breaches have been repaired and masts installed in new positions.

The TfL closure list has been updated with a series of weekend closures during June and July. There is no news yet on a longer blockade. As Network Rail and TfL are subject to purdah I'd be extremely surprised to see any "major" news emerge until the election is out of the way.

--
Paul C
via Google
Old May 22nd 17, 12:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 22 May 2017 03:37:34 -0700 (PDT), Paul Corfield
wrote:

On Monday, 8 May 2017 12:02:20 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:

I thought the big short-term project which required line closures was
fixing the two sewers they penetrated, or has that been completed?

Can't masts be erected while the line is open?

The sewer breaches have been repaired and masts installed in new positions.

The TfL closure list has been updated with a series of weekend closures during June and July. There is no news yet on a longer blockade. As Network Rail and TfL are subject to purdah I'd be extremely surprised to see any "major" news emerge until the election is out of the way.

Yes, that's a good point. I tend to forget just how many announcements
are subject to the purdah rule.
Old October 17th 17, 03:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Confirmation from NR that the line will reopen next Monday with almost all work complete between South Tottenham and Gospel Oak (see link below).

Wires do now reach as far as Blackhorse Road but not as far as Queens Rd when I checked last week.

The second blockade starts on 18/11/17 through to 14/1/18 with diesel trains resuming on 15/1/18. Work will be concentrated on the eastern end in terms of stringing wires and getting the last masts in place. The task then transfers to Arriva, TfL and Bombardier to get the electric trains into service (assuming they've arrived by then).

https://www.networkrailmediacentre.c...-closure-dates

--
Paul C
via Google