Old May 25th 17, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 95 stock refurb

A jubilee train I was on this morning had had an interior refresh. New
flooring, grey grab handles and a deep clean by the looks of it. Is this
going to be done to the whole fleet as a mid life refurb or is it just on
an ad hoc basis?

--
Spud

Old May 25th 17, 07:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tube trains of the '95 generation have been very good. The Northern Line ones still look new, but I suppose any train that's over 20 years old needs a refurb.
Old May 25th 17, 09:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lond...k#2013_refresh

Old May 26th 17, 12:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote on 25 May 2017 at 21:12 ...
wrote:
A jubilee train I was on this morning had had an interior refresh. New
flooring, grey grab handles and a deep clean by the looks of it. Is this
going to be done to the whole fleet as a mid life refurb or is it just on
an ad hoc basis?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lond...k#2013_refresh

The Jubilee line runs 96 stock, not 95 stock. Refurbishment of 96 stock started this year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lond...#Refurbishment

--
Richard J.
Old May 26th 17, 05:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
A jubilee train I was on this morning had had an interior refresh. New
flooring, grey grab handles and a deep clean by the looks of it. Is this
going to be done to the whole fleet as a mid life refurb or is it just on
an ad hoc basis?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lond...k#2013_refresh

The Jubilee line runs 96 stock, not 95 stock. Refurbishment of 96 stock started this year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lond...#Refurbishment

Yes, you're quite right, I should have answered the question Spud meant to
ask, not the one he did ask. But I wonder why they refurbished the newer 95
stock before the older 96 stock?

Old May 26th 17, 09:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
A jubilee train I was on this morning had had an interior refresh. New
flooring, grey grab handles and a deep clean by the looks of it. Is this
going to be done to the whole fleet as a mid life refurb or is it just on
an ad hoc basis?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lond...k#2013_refresh

The Jubilee line runs 96 stock, not 95 stock. Refurbishment of 96 stock

started this year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lond...#Refurbishment

Yes, you're quite right, I should have answered the question Spud meant to
ask, not the one he did ask. But I wonder why they refurbished the newer 95
stock before the older 96 stock?

Yes, my mistake. I always get the 2 stocks confused. Anyway, it was definately
a jubilee line train and it looked much nicer inside and not just because it
was cleaner.

--
Spud

Old May 26th 17, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

....And I knew what you meant. So I said the 95 generation, meaning around that time.
Old May 27th 17, 02:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
A jubilee train I was on this morning had had an interior refresh. New
flooring, grey grab handles and a deep clean by the looks of it. Is this
going to be done to the whole fleet as a mid life refurb or is it just on
an ad hoc basis?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lond...k#2013_refresh

The Jubilee line runs 96 stock, not 95 stock. Refurbishment of 96 stock started this year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lond...#Refurbishment

What happened to the vogue for grab rails and the like to be
high-visibility?

It looks much nicer now (and I always liked the idea of them being in line
colour better), but won't the "think of the blind goatherders" brigade be
up in arms?

--
Richard J.

Old May 27th 17, 03:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Clank wrote on 27 May 2017 at 14:25 ...
wrote:
A jubilee train I was on this morning had had an interior refresh. New
flooring, grey grab handles and a deep clean by the looks of it. Is this
going to be done to the whole fleet as a mid life refurb or is it just on
an ad hoc basis?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lond...k#2013_refresh

The Jubilee line runs 96 stock, not 95 stock. Refurbishment of 96 stock started this year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lond...#Refurbishment

What happened to the vogue for grab rails and the like to be
high-visibility?

It looks much nicer now (and I always liked the idea of them being in line
colour better), but won't the "think of the blind goatherders" brigade be
up in arms?

And with good reason if the grey is the same colour as the grab rails above the doors in 92 stock on the Central Line. All the other rails on that stock are red, and I wondered why there was no grab rail for people standing
by the middle of the doors. Then I realised that there was indeed a rail above my head, carefully camouflaged in light grey against an off-white background.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...M_Interior.jpg

--
Richard J.
Old May 28th 17, 02:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 27 May 2017 13:25:04 -0000 (UTC), Clank
wrote:

What happened to the vogue for grab rails and the like to be
high-visibility?

It looks much nicer now (and I always liked the idea of them being in line
colour better), but won't the "think of the blind goatherders" brigade be
up in arms?

Why should colour matter to the blind?

--
jhk