London Banter

-   -   Richmond or Stratford? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15355-richmond-stratford.html)

Jarle Hammen Knudsen June 5th 17 09:03 PM

Richmond or Stratford?

Right now I'm on an Overground train that says Stratford on the front
and Richmond on the side of the carriages. I boarded from platform 1
at Gospel Oak. This is exciting...

Recliner[_3_] June 5th 17 09:20 PM

Richmond or Stratford?

Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:
Right now I'm on an Overground train that says Stratford on the front
and Richmond on the side of the carriages. I boarded from platform 1
at Gospel Oak. This is exciting...

I assume it's going to Richmond if you boarded from platform 1.

tim... June 6th 17 09:01 AM

Richmond or Stratford?

"Jarle Hammen Knudsen" wrote in message
Right now I'm on an Overground train that says Stratford on the front
and Richmond on the side of the carriages. I boarded from platform 1
at Gospel Oak. This is exciting...

I was recently on a Thameslink train to Blackfriars that announced at every
station that the next station was Petts Wood.

tim

[email protected] June 6th 17 11:27 AM

Richmond or Stratford?

In article , (tim...)
wrote:

"Jarle Hammen Knudsen" wrote in message
Right now I'm on an Overground train that says Stratford on the front
and Richmond on the side of the carriages. I boarded from platform 1
at Gospel Oak. This is exciting...

I was recently on a Thameslink train to Blackfriars that announced at
every station that the next station was Petts Wood.

There are still Great Northern Class 365 units which even since the
refurbishment announce that they are the "WAGN service to" wherever. I see
the 387s say they are the "pregnant pause service to" wherever.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Roland Perry June 6th 17 12:05 PM

Richmond or Stratford?

In message , at 05:27:06
on Tue, 6 Jun 2017, remarked:
I was recently on a Thameslink train to Blackfriars that announced at
every station that the next station was Petts Wood.

There are still Great Northern Class 365 units which even since the
refurbishment announce that they are the "WAGN service to" wherever.

Enunciated in full, iirc "West Anglia Great Northern".

I other news, 365's still operating north of Cambridge - I saw one at
Ely yesterday.

[email protected] June 6th 17 01:24 PM

Richmond or Stratford?

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
05:27:06 on Tue, 6 Jun 2017,
remarked:
I was recently on a Thameslink train to Blackfriars that announced at
every station that the next station was Petts Wood.

There are still Great Northern Class 365 units which even since the
refurbishment announce that they are the "WAGN service to" wherever.

Enunciated in full, iirc "West Anglia Great Northern".

I other news, 365's still operating north of Cambridge - I saw one at
Ely yesterday.

But was it going beyond Ely to King's Lynn?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Optimist June 6th 17 01:47 PM

Richmond or Stratford?

On Mon, 5 Jun 2017 20:20:03 -0000 (UTC), Recliner wrote:

Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:
Right now I'm on an Overground train that says Stratford on the front
and Richmond on the side of the carriages. I boarded from platform 1
at Gospel Oak. This is exciting...

I assume it's going to Richmond if you boarded from platform 1.

You might end up in Yorkshire or Warwickshire.

Roland Perry June 6th 17 02:18 PM

Richmond or Stratford?

In message , at 07:24:27
on Tue, 6 Jun 2017, remarked:
I was recently on a Thameslink train to Blackfriars that announced at
every station that the next station was Petts Wood.

There are still Great Northern Class 365 units which even since the
refurbishment announce that they are the "WAGN service to" wherever.

Enunciated in full, iirc "West Anglia Great Northern".

I other news, 365's still operating north of Cambridge - I saw one at
Ely yesterday.

But was it going beyond Ely to King's Lynn?

No. Does that matter?

[email protected] June 6th 17 03:09 PM

Richmond or Stratford?

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
07:24:27 on Tue, 6 Jun 2017,
remarked:
I was recently on a Thameslink train to Blackfriars that announced
at every station that the next station was Petts Wood.

There are still Great Northern Class 365 units which even since the
refurbishment announce that they are the "WAGN service to" wherever.

Enunciated in full, iirc "West Anglia Great Northern".

Indeed.

I other news, 365's still operating north of Cambridge - I saw one at
Ely yesterday.

But was it going beyond Ely to King's Lynn?

No. Does that matter?

The position as I understood it was that 365s are no longer going to King's
Lynn. Since there are no hourly trains to Ely I am not surprised that they
are going there.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Roland Perry June 7th 17 08:20 AM

Richmond or Stratford?

In message , at 09:09:36
on Tue, 6 Jun 2017, remarked:
In article ,
(Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
07:24:27 on Tue, 6 Jun 2017,
remarked:
I was recently on a Thameslink train to Blackfriars that announced
at every station that the next station was Petts Wood.

There are still Great Northern Class 365 units which even since the
refurbishment announce that they are the "WAGN service to" wherever.

Enunciated in full, iirc "West Anglia Great Northern".

Indeed.

I other news, 365's still operating north of Cambridge - I saw one at
Ely yesterday.

But was it going beyond Ely to King's Lynn?

No. Does that matter?

The position as I understood it was that 365s are no longer going to King's
Lynn. Since there are no

now?

hourly trains to Ely I am not surprised that they are going there.

Looking at the timetable it appears that the Ely starters at xx:58 don't
join at Cambridge (at xy:15), so no 365 units needing to stable there
for a while.

Whereas the Kings Lynn trains arrive Cambridge at xx:41 and spend six
minutes coupling to the spare half of the xx:30 arrival from Kings Cross
(before departing south at xx:47.

While there's a certain diagramming elegance to this, it means that Ely
passengers don't get 2tph "new trains" as promised.