London Banter

-   -   Willesden Junction To Finsbury Park (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15387-willesden-junction-finsbury-park.html)

Robin9 July 12th 17 09:05 AM

Willesden Junction To Finsbury Park

I have only two uses for You Tube and one of them is watching cab view videos of train journeys. I find these fascinating and a recent upload is especially interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GY7BbHkkTQ

I would expect a train movement from Willesden Junction to the ECML to run via Gospel Oak, GOBLIN and the Harringay West Curve, but this video shows there is another way.

[email protected] July 12th 17 05:12 PM

On 12.07.17 10:05, Robin9 wrote:
I have only two uses for You Tube and one of them is watching cab view
videos of train journeys. I find these fascinating and a recent upload
is especially interesting.

Agreed.

I generally find that much YouTube content is mainly just junk, though
there are some interesting things now and again.

Offramp July 12th 17 05:39 PM

On Wednesday, 12 July 2017 18:12:12 UTC+1, wrote:
On 12.07.17 10:05, Robin9 wrote:
I have only two uses for You Tube and one of them is watching cab view
videos of train journeys. I find these fascinating and a recent upload
is especially interesting.

Agreed.

I generally find that much YouTube content is mainly just junk, though
there are some interesting things now and again.

I like cricket and there is a lot of very good old cricket footage.

Basil Jet[_4_] July 12th 17 06:47 PM

On 2017\07\12 18:12, wrote:

I generally find that much YouTube content is mainly just junk, though
there are some interesting things now and again.

Couldn't you say that about music, poetry, architecture, dancing,
literature... conversation, even.

tim... July 12th 17 11:12 PM

On 12.07.17 10:05, Robin9 wrote:
I have only two uses for You Tube and one of them is watching cab view
videos of train journeys. I find these fascinating and a recent upload
is especially interesting.

Agreed.

I generally find that much YouTube content is mainly just junk, though
there are some interesting things now and again.

I like cricket and there is a lot of very good old cricket footage.

there's also a lot of classic UK tv there
#
tim

Clank July 13th 17 05:18 AM

On 12.07.2017 9:47 PM, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\07\12 18:12, wrote:

I generally find that much YouTube content is mainly just junk, though
there are some interesting things now and again.

Couldn't you say that about music, poetry, architecture, dancing,
literature... conversation, even.

Indeed; Sturgeon's Revelation applies: 90% of *everything* is crap, so "90%
of (YouTube, science fiction, movies, modern art, whatever) is crap" is
uninformative and does nothing to help us judge the merit or otherwise of
the genre in question.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturgeon%27s_law

Offramp July 13th 17 06:34 AM

On Thursday, 13 July 2017 00:13:16 UTC+1, tim... wrote:

there's also a lot of classic UK tv there

Agreed. Especially those not-quite-so-funny TV series of the 1970s that may never be released to DVD, like John Inman in Odd Man Out, Mollie Sugden in Come Back Mrs Noah, Queenie's Castle, Not On Your Nellie, The Squirrels (1975-7) and many others.

[email protected] July 13th 17 02:07 PM

On 12.07.17 10:05, Robin9 wrote:
I have only two uses for You Tube and one of them is watching cab view
videos of train journeys. I find these fascinating and a recent upload
is especially interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GY7BbHkkTQ

I would expect a train movement from Willesden Junction to the ECML to
run via Gospel Oak, GOBLIN and the Harringay West Curve, but this video
shows there is another way.

Yes, indeed, via the Copenhagen Junction.

Do freight trains that need to traverse the NLL to reach the ECML from
UP WCML as a rule travel via the Harringay West Curve?

[email protected] July 13th 17 02:38 PM

In article , () wrote:

On 12.07.17 10:05, Robin9 wrote:
I have only two uses for You Tube and one of them is watching cab view
videos of train journeys. I find these fascinating and a recent upload
is especially interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GY7BbHkkTQ

I would expect a train movement from Willesden Junction to the ECML to
run via Gospel Oak, GOBLIN and the Harringay West Curve, but this video
shows there is another way.

Yes, indeed, via the Copenhagen Junction.

Do freight trains that need to traverse the NLL to reach the ECML
from UP WCML as a rule travel via the Harringay West Curve?

The North London incline is the preferred route, surely? The main advantage
of the Harringay curve is direct access to Ferme Park sidings.

--
Colin Rosenstiel