Old July 31st 17, 02:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New York Times on Crossrail

Good article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/31/w...T.nav=top-news

"But standing one recent morning on that empty Crossrail platform,
where construction workers in orange gear and hard hats hauled shiny
metal panels to line the walls, I still couldn't help wondering whether
the new train leads toward another glorious era for this city, or
signals the end of one."

Old July 31st 17, 02:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message 2017073115023493883-email@domaincom, at 15:02:34 on Mon, 31
Jul 2017, eastender remarked:
Good article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/31/w...ssrail-uk-brex
it.html?_r=0&hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clic kSource=story-heading&m
odule=photo-spot-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

"... Tottenham Court Road. Escalator banks descend through a sleek,
silent black ticket hall where towering, empty, white-tiled passageways
snake toward the new, vaulted train platform, curving like a half moon
into the subterranean darkness."

Ah, so the platforms do have a curve.

"hauled shiny metal panels to line the walls"

Oh dear, I hope those aren't inflammable cladding.
Old July 31st 17, 08:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2017\07\31 15:02, eastender wrote:
Good article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/31/w...T.nav=top-news

"But standing one recent morning on that empty Crossrail platform, where
construction workers in orange gear and hard hats hauled shiny metal
panels to line the walls, I still couldn't help wondering whether the
new train leads toward another glorious era for this city, or signals
the end of one."

The NYT is infamous for its bias. I'm surprised they didn't manage to
fit blaming Trump for something into it.
Old July 31st 17, 10:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote:

The NYT is infamous for its bias. I'm surprised they didn't manage to
fit blaming Trump for something into it.

This. The photos were nice, but I'd ignore any of the words. The NYT is still
hoping someone will step in and cancel Brexit.
Old July 31st 17, 11:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 16:33:50 -0600, Arthur Conan Doyle
wrote:

Basil Jet wrote:

The NYT is infamous for its bias. I'm surprised they didn't manage to
fit blaming Trump for something into it.

This. The photos were nice, but I'd ignore any of the words. The NYT is still
hoping someone will step in and cancel Brexit.

As probably do a fair swag of Brexiteers suffering from "OMG, what
'ave we done?"

Mind you, I'm happy: you lot carved about $CAD1,000 off a $5,800
cruise, denominated in GBP.

Old August 1st 17, 08:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Basil Jet wrote:

The NYT is infamous for its bias. I'm surprised they didn't manage to
fit blaming Trump for something into it.

This. The photos were nice, but I'd ignore any of the words. The NYT is still
hoping someone will step in and cancel Brexit.

As probably do a fair swag of Brexiteers suffering from "OMG, what
'ave we done?"

Mind you, I'm happy: you lot carved about $CAD1,000 off a $5,800
cruise, denominated in GBP.

This Brexiteer is not suffering at all. Nor any of my friends.
We do all notice that many Remainers seem to want the U. K to
fail in the cowardly new world.

Old August 1st 17, 01:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tuesday, 1 August 2017 13:03:02 UTC+1, e27002 wrote:

Plus one.

Thank you, e27003.
Old August 1st 17, 02:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2017-07-31 20:22:45 +0000, Basil Jet said:

The NYT is infamous for its bias. I'm surprised they didn't manage to
fit blaming Trump for something into it.

So why did they run this the other day:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/31/o...news.html?_r=0

The Good News on Brexit They're Not Telling You

By DANIEL HANNAN

Old August 1st 17, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

e27002 wrote on 01 Aug 2017 at 13:03 ...
wrote:

Basil Jet wrote:

The NYT is infamous for its bias. I'm surprised they didn't manage to
fit blaming Trump for something into it.

This. The photos were nice, but I'd ignore any of the words. The NYT is still
hoping someone will step in and cancel Brexit.

As probably do a fair swag of Brexiteers suffering from "OMG, what
'ave we done?"

Mind you, I'm happy: you lot carved about $CAD1,000 off a $5,800
cruise, denominated in GBP.

This Brexiteer is not suffering at all. Nor any of my friends.
We do all notice that many Remainers seem to want the U. K to
fail in the cowardly new world.

Plus one.

Could we have that in proper English, please?
Otherwise, I'm not sure if one of these definitions applies ...

-"used in a forum post to indicate that the post serves no purpose other than to increase the poster's postcount"
or
- "often used in a sarcastic manner to indicate the pointlessness of the entire thread."
or
- you liked the previous post.

--
Richard J.