Old August 8th 17, 09:33 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Augmented reality fly-through of the HS2 route from Birmingham toLondon

This is a couple of years old but it's the first time I've seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bkoGvw9kbA

Old August 8th 17, 09:43 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 10:33:57 on Tue, 8 Aug 2017,
Basil Jet remarked:
This is a couple of years old but it's the first time I've seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bkoGvw9kbA

That Curzon St viaduct is rather visually intrusive.
Old August 9th 17, 01:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 08/08/17 10:33, Basil Jet wrote:
This is a couple of years old but it's the first time I've seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bkoGvw9kbA

Blimey.

--
Adrian C
Old August 9th 17, 09:04 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 2017\08\09 14:13, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 08/08/17 10:33, Basil Jet wrote:
This is a couple of years old but it's the first time I've seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bkoGvw9kbA

Blimey.

I hope you're not saying "blimey" because I'm two years late with the
news ;-)
Old August 10th 17, 07:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 3:03:59 PM UTC+5:30, Basil Jet wrote:
This is a couple of years old but it's the first time I've seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bkoGvw9kbA

Why should the 192 km phase 1 cost as much as £70,000 million?

This claims that LGV construction costs €16-27 million per km:
http://www.thetransportpolitic.com/2...is-questioned/

At that rate, 192 km would cost €3,172-$5,184 million or £2,855-4,666 million.

Old August 10th 17, 08:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at
00:46:42 on Thu, 10 Aug 2017, Ding Bat
remarked:
This is a couple of years old but it's the first time I've seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bkoGvw9kbA

Why should the 192 km phase 1 cost as much as £70,000 million?

This claims that LGV construction costs €16-27 million per km:
http://www.thetransportpolitic.com/2...is-questioned/

At that rate, 192 km would cost €3,172-$5,184 million or £2,855-4,666 million.

It's not being built mainly through open countryside with draconian
compulsory purchase powers.