Old August 26th 17, 06:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 436 Dance of Death

Yesterday I was going south on the 436. We went from Vauxhall Bridge into the bus station, past the 436 bus stop, then all the way around the station without stopping, so that at one point we were facing north, then back to the 436 bus stop.

Did the driver simply miss the stop and go around, or is that normal?

Old August 26th 17, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2017\08\26 06:29, Offramp wrote:
Yesterday I was going south on the 436. We went from Vauxhall Bridge into the bus station, past the 436 bus stop, then all the way around the station without stopping, so that at one point we were facing north, then back to the 436 bus stop.

Did the driver simply miss the stop and go around, or is that normal?

He was telling the other buses where the best supply of nectar is.
Old August 27th 17, 07:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Was the stop occupied by other bus(es), so (s) he didn't have room to stop there and so had to go round? That happens at Redhill sometimes.
Old August 27th 17, 08:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sunday, 27 August 2017 19:51:59 UTC+1, wrote:
Was the stop occupied by other bus(es), so (s) he didn't have room to stop there and so had to go round? That happens at Redhill sometimes.

No. It wasn't busy. There weren't many buses around. Perhaps he just forgot the stop.
Old August 27th 17, 08:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 27/08/2017 19:51, wrote:
Was the stop occupied by other bus(es), so (s) he didn't have room to stop there and so had to go round? That happens at Redhill sometimes.

Also at Kingston Hospital.

---

Old August 29th 17, 09:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 09:16:33 on Tue, 29 Aug
2017, Someone Somewhere remarked:
Was the stop occupied by other bus(es), so (s) he didn't have room to stop there and so had to go round? That happens at Redhill sometimes.

Is there a general policy on this? ie if a bus stop / stand is full
are buses meant to find somewhere else to park (or do a loop in motion)
or is it ok to queue whilst parking illegally?

It's OK as long as there isn't a "No stopping" restriction. Bearing in
mind that there is also such a thing as "No Stopping - Except Buses".

Depending on the road layout it might sometimes be "obstruction", but
buses don't usually worry about minor things like that.
Old August 29th 17, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 09:37:10 on Tue, 29 Aug
2017, Roland Perry remarked:
Was the stop occupied by other bus(es), so (s) he didn't have room to stop there and so had to go round? That happens at Redhill sometimes.

Is there a general policy on this? ie if a bus stop / stand is full
are buses meant to find somewhere else to park (or do a loop in
motion) or is it ok to queue whilst parking illegally?

It's OK as long as there isn't a "No stopping" restriction. Bearing in
mind that there is also such a thing as "No Stopping - Except Buses".

And, as if by magic, I saw a couple of roads today which were signed
(and red-lined) as "Red Route - No stopping except buses".