Old September 1st 17, 08:48 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Edinburgh Gateway flop

In message , at
08:00:43 on Fri, 1 Sep 2017, R. Mark Clayton
remarked:
It's difficult to think there was a very similar reason since the buses
have been OPO/DOO/whathaveyou for years.

Yes but Edinburgh's won't give change - I saw a foreign tourist put off
because he only had a note.

A tourist I met today claimed that the TfL ticket machines at Heathrow
accepted neither the new £1 nor the new £5. The latter surprises me
more. But he has a plausible account of the conversation with the
roaming helper. I think the solution was for the helper to manually give
old £1s as change for the new fiver.

Old September 2nd 17, 06:46 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 01/09/17 21:48, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
08:00:43 on Fri, 1 Sep 2017, R. Mark Clayton
remarked:
It's difficult to think there was a very similar reason since the buses
have been OPO/DOO/whathaveyou for years.

Yes but Edinburgh's won't give change - I saw a foreign tourist put off
because he only had a note.

A tourist I met today claimed that the TfL ticket machines at Heathrow
accepted neither the new £1 nor the new £5. The latter surprises me
more. But he has a plausible account of the conversation with the
roaming helper. I think the solution was for the helper to manually give
old £1s as change for the new fiver.

My local ATW ticket machines are chip and pin only so I cannot comment
on that.

However out of the six vending machines I have access to 5 are new £1s
only and 1 is new £1s only. The organisations concerned are recycling
old £1s and tell me they will continue to do so after they are withdrawn
as they will not be modified by then.

My local ATW ticket machine on Cogan station post dates wave and pay but
even after being modified a couple of months ago was not modified for
wave and pay.
Old September 2nd 17, 07:06 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 02/09/17 07:46, Martin Coffee wrote:
On 01/09/17 21:48, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
08:00:43 on Fri, 1 Sep 2017, R. Mark Clayton
remarked:
It's difficult to think there was a very similar reason since the buses
have been OPO/DOO/whathaveyou for years.

Yes but Edinburgh's won't give change - I saw a foreign tourist put off
because he only had a note.

A tourist I met today claimed that the TfL ticket machines at Heathrow
accepted neither the new £1 nor the new £5. The latter surprises me
more. But he has a plausible account of the conversation with the
roaming helper. I think the solution was for the helper to manually
give old £1s as change for the new fiver.

My local ATW ticket machines are chip and pin only so I cannot comment
on that.

However out of the six vending machines I have access to 5 are new £1s

Oops. That should say "5 are old £1 only".

Old September 2nd 17, 06:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 07:46:01 on Sat, 2
Sep 2017, Martin Coffee remarked:
On 01/09/17 21:48, Roland Perry wrote:
In message ,
at 08:00:43 on Fri, 1 Sep 2017, R. Mark Clayton
remarked:
It's difficult to think there was a very similar reason since the buses
have been OPO/DOO/whathaveyou for years.

Yes but Edinburgh's won't give change - I saw a foreign tourist put off
because he only had a note.

A tourist I met today claimed that the TfL ticket machines at
Heathrow accepted neither the new £1 nor the new £5. The latter
surprises me more. But he has a plausible account of the conversation
with the roaming helper. I think the solution was for the helper to
manually give old £1s as change for the new fiver.

My local ATW ticket machines

Are they installed at Heathrow?

Old September 2nd 17, 06:14 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 08:06:07 on Sat, 2
[...]

I've checked with my informant and he says that's apparently what
they'll be doing at Heathrow too.

Old September 2nd 17, 10:01 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 02/09/17 19:12, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 07:46:01 on Sat, 2
Sep 2017, Martin Coffee remarked:
On 01/09/17 21:48, Roland Perry wrote:
In message ,
at 08:00:43 on Fri, 1 Sep 2017, R. Mark Clayton
remarked:
It's difficult to think there was a very similar reason since the
buses
have been OPO/DOO/whathaveyou for years.

Yes but Edinburgh's won't give change - I saw a foreign tourist put off
because he only had a note.

A tourist I met today claimed that the TfL ticket machines at
Heathrow accepted neither the new £1 nor the new £5. The latter
surprises me more. But he has a plausible account of the
conversation with the roaming helper. I think the solution was for
the helper to manually give old £1s as change for the new fiver.

My local ATW ticket machines

Are they installed at Heathrow?

Heathrow is not in Edinburgh either. Show some common sense for a change.

Old September 3rd 17, 05:19 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 23:01:31 on Sat, 2
Sep 2017, Martin Coffee remarked:

My local ATW ticket machines

Are they installed at Heathrow?

Heathrow is not in Edinburgh either. Show some common sense for a change.

It's called "limiting the thread drift".

If we start talking about Wales, or Edinburgh, then the good folks of
utl will be put off commenting on the state of TfL machines in London.

It's bad enough being a tourist arriving in London who discovers their
bank has given them "old" £5 notes, but for the ticket machines not to
accept currently valid money is simply disgraceful.