Old September 16th 17, 10:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

Default Explosion on district line

On 16/09/17 09:52, Graeme Wall wrote:

But not for Irish nutters.

The use of a timer is not a huge advancement of tech for the alan's
snackbar brigade, but it is unusual that they seem short of willing
martyrs. Assuming it's them and my money says it is (speculation of
course...)

Perhaps they are losing the ability to find dickheads willing to blow
themselves up?

Old September 16th 17, 10:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

On 16/09/2017 11:32, Tim Watts wrote:
On 16/09/17 09:52, Graeme Wall wrote:

But not for Irish nutters.

The use of a timer is not a huge advancement of tech for the alan's
snackbar brigade, but it is unusual that they seem short of willing
martyrs. Assuming it's them and my money says it is (speculation of
course...)

Perhaps they are losing the ability to find dickheads willing to blow
themselves up?

Not on current evidence, this is the first attack in quite a while that
wasn't a suicide attack.[1] The exception, of course, being North
Ireland where there are still terrorist attacks involving bombs with
either timers or other ways of being detonated that don't involve the
death of the perpetrator.

[1] In fact I can't think of an attack since 911 by Islamic
fundamentalists in Europe/USA that wasn't a suicide attack.
--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old September 16th 17, 11:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 16/09/17 09:52, Graeme Wall wrote:

But not for Irish nutters.

The use of a timer is not a huge advancement of tech for the alan's
snackbar brigade, but it is unusual that they seem short of willing
martyrs. Assuming it's them and my money says it is (speculation of
course...)

alan's snackbar brigade?

tim

Old September 16th 17, 11:03 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

Graeme Wall wrote:
[...]

What about the printer bombs?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_planes_bomb_plot

Or, pre-911, there was the Hindawi attempted bombing that led to the
subsequent additional airport questioning:
https://www.asi-mag.com/ann-marie-mu...ersary-review/

Old September 16th 17, 11:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

On 16/09/17 11:54, Graeme Wall wrote:
[...]

There has been quite a bit of knife waving that has not always resulted
in being shot - thinking of Buck House for one. But yes, it's rare.

I suppose it's just possible the DUP/Tory deal has upset the IRA
splinters, but wouldn't they have access to professional grade explosives?

Old September 16th 17, 11:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

On 16/09/17 12:01, tim... wrote:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 16/09/17 09:52, Graeme Wall wrote:

But not for Irish nutters.

The use of a timer is not a huge advancement of tech for the alan's
snackbar brigade, but it is unusual that they seem short of willing
martyrs. Assuming it's them and my money says it is (speculation of
course...)

alan's snackbar brigade?

It's a homophone of a well know phrase jihadi nutters like to shout

Old September 16th 17, 11:14 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

On 16/09/2017 12:03, Recliner wrote:
Graeme Wall wrote:
[...]

Good point, not subsequently attempted again and the perpetrator was
taken out by a crise missile IIRC.

Or, pre-911, there was the Hindawi attempted bombing that led to the
subsequent additional airport questioning:
https://www.asi-mag.com/ann-marie-mu...ersary-review/

That was very much before 911 but wasn't a suicide attack as such. The
mule didn't know she was intended to be murdered.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old September 16th 17, 11:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

On 16/09/2017 12:05, Tim Watts wrote:
On 16/09/17 11:54, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 16/09/2017 11:32, Tim Watts wrote:
On 16/09/17 09:52, Graeme Wall wrote:

But not for Irish nutters.

The use of a timer is not a huge advancement of tech for the alan's
snackbar brigade, but it is unusual that they seem short of willing
martyrs. Assuming it's them and my money says it is (speculation of
course...)

Perhaps they are losing the ability to find dickheads willing to blow
themselves up?

Not on current evidence, this is the first attack in quite a while
that wasn't a suicide attack.[1]Â* The exception, of course, being
North Ireland where there are still terrorist attacks involving bombs
with either timers or other ways of being detonated that don't involve
the death of the perpetrator.

[1] In fact I can't think of an attack since 911 by Islamic
fundamentalists in Europe/USA that wasn't a suicide attack.

There has been quite a bit of knife waving that has not always resulted
in being shot - thinking of Buck House for one. But yes, it's rare.

I suppose it's just possible the DUP/Tory deal has upset the IRA
splinters

They have other concerns as well.

but wouldn't they have access to professional grade explosives?

Possibly not these days. Has it been confirmed what the explosive was?

Still most likely to be IS inspired, they've been urging attacks on the
railways for a while now.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old September 16th 17, 11:24 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

Graeme Wall wrote:
[...]

Or perhaps not?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibra...ports_of_death

Or, pre-911, there was the Hindawi attempted bombing that led to the
subsequent additional airport questioning:
https://www.asi-mag.com/ann-marie-mu...ersary-review/

That was very much before 911 but wasn't a suicide attack as such. The
mule didn't know she was intended to be murdered.

Yes, and that's why passengers subsequently were asked, "Were you given
anything? And did you pack it yourself?"

Old September 16th 17, 11:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

Graeme Wall wrote:
[...]

I think the Barcelona cell might also have been planning timer bombs, but
managed to blow themselves up while making them. Even suicidal jihadis
might want to plant more than one bomb each. Another post-911 train timer
bombing was in Madrid:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004...train_bombings