London Banter

-   -   Explosion on district line (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15450-explosion-district-line.html)

[email protected] September 15th 17 09:19 AM

Explosion on district line

Looks like it could be an improvised device, or some builders chemicals that
overheated. Hopefully the latter but seems unlikely to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41278545

--
Spud

Roland Perry September 15th 17 09:45 AM

Explosion on district line

In message , at 08:19:08 on Fri, 15 Sep
2017, d remarked:
Looks like it could be an improvised device, or some builders chemicals that
overheated. Hopefully the latter but seems unlikely to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41278545

Or a Galaxy Note 7.

e27002 aurora[_3_] September 15th 17 09:47 AM

Explosion on district line

On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 08:19:08 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

Looks like it could be an improvised device, or some builders chemicals that
overheated. Hopefully the latter but seems unlikely to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41278545

There are reports of folks leaving the station with burns on exposed
flesh. It sounds like a chemical reaction. We can but hope it's not
"the religion of piece" proselytizing.

Graeme Wall September 15th 17 09:49 AM

Explosion on district line

On 15/09/2017 09:47, e27002 aurora wrote:
On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 08:19:08 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

Looks like it could be an improvised device, or some builders chemicals that
overheated. Hopefully the latter but seems unlikely to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41278545

There are reports of folks leaving the station with burns on exposed
flesh. It sounds like a chemical reaction. We can but hope it's not
"the religion of piece" proselytizing.

Which piece is that?

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Recliner[_3_] September 15th 17 10:05 AM

Explosion on district line

wrote:
Looks like it could be an improvised device, or some builders chemicals that
overheated. Hopefully the latter but seems unlikely to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41278545

It had wires sticking out, so probably the former.

[email protected] September 15th 17 10:11 AM

Explosion on district line

On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 09:47:08 +0100
e27002 aurora wrote:
On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 08:19:08 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

Looks like it could be an improvised device, or some builders chemicals that
overheated. Hopefully the latter but seems unlikely to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41278545

There are reports of folks leaving the station with burns on exposed
flesh. It sounds like a chemical reaction. We can but hope it's not
"the religion of piece" proselytizing.

If it is terrorism then it'll almost certainly be down to followers of the
peaceful not in any way militant religion of islam.

--
Spud

Recliner[_3_] September 15th 17 10:15 AM

Explosion on district line

e27002 aurora wrote:
On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 08:19:08 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

Looks like it could be an improvised device, or some builders chemicals that
overheated. Hopefully the latter but seems unlikely to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41278545

There are reports of folks leaving the station with burns on exposed
flesh. It sounds like a chemical reaction. We can but hope it's not
"the religion of piece" proselytizing.

If it is terrorism then it'll almost certainly be down to followers of the
peaceful not in any way militant religion of islam.

It does appear to be terrorism.

Tim Watts[_3_] September 15th 17 11:18 AM

Explosion on district line

On 15/09/17 09:47, e27002 aurora wrote:
On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 08:19:08 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

Looks like it could be an improvised device, or some builders chemicals that
overheated. Hopefully the latter but seems unlikely to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41278545

There are reports of folks leaving the station with burns on exposed
flesh. It sounds like a chemical reaction. We can but hope it's not
"the religion of piece" proselytizing.

Seen a picture of the device on twitter with wires hanging out.

And my money's on some jihadi ****er. We shall see.

Recliner[_3_] September 15th 17 11:37 AM

Explosion on district line

Tim Watts wrote:
On 15/09/17 09:47, e27002 aurora wrote:
On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 08:19:08 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

Looks like it could be an improvised device, or some builders chemicals that
overheated. Hopefully the latter but seems unlikely to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41278545

There are reports of folks leaving the station with burns on exposed
flesh. It sounds like a chemical reaction. We can but hope it's not
"the religion of piece" proselytizing.

Seen a picture of the device on twitter with wires hanging out.

And my money's on some jihadi ****er. We shall see.

That seems to be the current theory.

tim... September 15th 17 01:06 PM

Explosion on district line

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 15/09/17 09:47, e27002 aurora wrote:
On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 08:19:08 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

Looks like it could be an improvised device, or some builders chemicals
that
overheated. Hopefully the latter but seems unlikely to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41278545

There are reports of folks leaving the station with burns on exposed
flesh. It sounds like a chemical reaction. We can but hope it's not
"the religion of piece" proselytizing.

Seen a picture of the device on twitter with wires hanging out.

the device had a timer (apparently)

tim