Old November 15th 17, 01:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Proposed trams under Cambridge

Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\11\14 23:21, Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 11:44:35 +0000
" wrote:
On 14.11.17 3:54, Recliner wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message
-septe
mber.org, at 15:28:49 on Mon, 13 Nov 2017, Recliner
remarked:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/p...run-under-camb
idge-centre-s29mmk858?shareToken=0fdf69714488066c31bc93f5152
e2fd0

That's going to make Edinburgh Council look like a paragon of
financial prudence. Especially as it'll be "Britain’s first new
underground railway in decades", so there are no workers available with
recent experience of tunnelling in, say, London.

Huh? Crossrail, HS2 and the Northern line extension all have significant
London tunnels.

Is this national "fail to spot sarcasm day", or what?

For you, vigorously participating in usenet threads is a full-time
occupation, as a substitute for the paid work which you'd much rather be
doing. For most of the rest of us, uk.r is something we dip into in idle
moments, and we don't carefully analyse every post for sarcasm. For
example, I'm currently sitting in the lounge in Vientiane airport, sipping
an early beer, and will soon be taking off. I won't be checking uk.r until
at least tonight.

I hear that Vientiane has some impressive French colonial architecture,
though narcotics abuse there is more obvious.

Last month central america, this month is east asia.

You need to learn some geography, even if your fear of flying and
xenophobia stop you actually seeing the world. I've not been to Central
America for several years, and have yet to visit most of the Central
American countries.

So you're on the run from the Central Americans as well... ;-)

It turns out there's a global beauty contest in my hotel. The contestants
were at breakfast this morning (who knew that beauty queens eat?):
http://m.phnompenhpost.com/national/...ss-global-2017

Old November 15th 17, 01:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 2017\11\15 01:21, Recliner wrote:

It turns out there's a global beauty contest in my hotel. The contestants
were at breakfast this morning (who knew that beauty queens eat?):
http://m.phnompenhpost.com/national/...ss-global-2017

I'm guessing the one with the blue hair is a feminist protester.
Old November 15th 17, 09:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

so what do they eat?

Old November 15th 17, 09:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 2017\11\15 01:21, Recliner wrote:

It turns out there's a global beauty contest in my hotel.

What a great idea. Cut out all that world peace crap and just pick
whoever has the best globes.
Old November 15th 17, 09:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 2017\11\15 09:11, tim... wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message

It turns out there's a global beauty contest in my hotel. The contestants
were at breakfast this morning (who knew that beauty queens eat?):

so what do they eat?

Anything they want... it's all coming back up as soon as they get back
to their en-suite.

Old November 15th 17, 09:32 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 23:21:43 GMT
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
I hear that Vientiane has some impressive French colonial architecture,
though narcotics abuse there is more obvious.

Last month central america, this month is east asia.

You need to learn some geography, even if your fear of flying and
xenophobia stop you actually seeing the world. I've not been to Central

Do change the record old chap. Plus unlike you I don't live all alone so I have
to consider where my wife wants to go and young kids rather preclude any kind
of long haul flight. Perhaps if you could drive a car you could also tour
europe like we do and see cultural sights instead of ladyboy bars.

America for several years, and have yet to visit most of the Central
American countries.

Central, south, all similar hispanic flee pits where I'm sure you fit right in.

Old November 15th 17, 10:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

tim... wrote:

Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

Dunno, I wasn't looking at their plates.

Old November 15th 17, 11:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 15/11/2017 01:51, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\11\15 01:21, Recliner wrote:

It turns out there's a global beauty contest in my hotel. The contestants
were at breakfast this morning (who knew that beauty queens eat?):
http://m.phnompenhpost.com/national/...ss-global-2017

I'm guessing the one with the blue hair is a feminist protester.

It's Recliner in drag :-)

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.