Old February 2nd 18, 02:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default First LEVC TX London black cabs now operational

In message , at 14:14:00
on Fri, 2 Feb 2018, Paul Cummins
remarked:

Everyone regards it as an automatic.

As I am part of "everyone" and i don't consider it an automatic, that
statement is false.

If it is an automatic, why does the user have to change gear?

Because it automatically does the clutching/declutching.

Old February 2nd 18, 03:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Cummins wrote:
In article
-septem
ber.org, (Recliner) wrote:

Everyone regards it as an automatic.

As I am part of "everyone" and i don't consider it an automatic, that
statement is false.

If it is an automatic, why does the user have to change gear?

He doesn't. He can just put it in D, like all the other automatics.

I'm guessing you don't actually know what a DSG gearbox is?

Old February 2nd 18, 03:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:14:00
on Fri, 2 Feb 2018, Paul Cummins
remarked:

Everyone regards it as an automatic.

As I am part of "everyone" and i don't consider it an automatic, that
statement is false.

If it is an automatic, why does the user have to change gear?

Because it automatically does the clutching/declutching.

And chooses the gear to use, and when to change. Drivers have no need to
know how it works: it's just like any other automatic gearbox.

Old February 3rd 18, 12:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 14:14 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
(Paul Cummins) wrote:

In article
-septem
ber.org,
(Recliner) wrote:

Everyone regards it as an automatic.

As I am part of "everyone" and i don't consider it an automatic, that
statement is false.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I should have said that everyone
who knows what it is considers it an automatic.
Old February 3rd 18, 08:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Cummins wrote:
In article ,
(Recliner) wrote:

As I am part of "everyone" and i don't consider it an automatic,

that
statement is false.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I should have said that everyone
who knows what it is considers it an automatic.

https://www.carwow.co.uk/guides/glos...rbox-explained

Oh look - clutches. Oh look, gear shifters. Oh look, gears.

Manual Gearbox, with roboticized clutch.

No, as your linked article says, it's a fully automatic gearbox:
"Cars with DSG gearboxes don’t feature a clutch pedal and are controlled in
exactly the same way as a conventional automatic."

Old February 3rd 18, 09:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981