Old April 7th 04, 03:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New rail operator "One"

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

In article ,
(Annabel Smyth) wrote:

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 at 01:47:00, Colin Rosenstiel
wrote:

The latest is the Cambridge station signs which say "Cambridge one". Is
that as in "Free the cambridge one"?

No, it's as in "Cambridge one, Oxford three", of course.....

Not often.

Unless it's positions in the league tables.

tom

--
Osteoclasts = monsters from the DEEP -- Andrew

Old April 7th 04, 04:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
Or "The train on platform x is the 11:40 service to Liverpool street"; why
does it matter who's operating it?

Not really, Colchester and Ipswich are at good example of where this system
currently fails, you can still purchase GER only or Anglia Railways Only
tickets, but the announcement system only says 'one' service for them all,
perhaps One Great Eastern and One Anglia would be a better choice of words.

Old April 7th 04, 08:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Darren wrote:

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message

Or "The train on platform x is the 11:40 service to Liverpool street"; why
does it matter who's operating it?

Not really, Colchester and Ipswich are at good example of where this system
currently fails, you can still purchase GER only or Anglia Railways Only
tickets, but the announcement system only says 'one' service for them all,

Oh good grief!

tom

--
Throw bricks at lawyers if you can!

Old April 7th 04, 09:16 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Graeme Wall" wrote in message
In message
"Brian Watson" wrote:

"Graeme Wall" wrote in message
In message
"Brian Watson" wrote:

[snip]

And how much did they pay for this masterpiece of rebranding, I

wonder?

About one.million

Thanks.

I always wondered what "money going down a plughole" sounded like.

errm, it was a joke...

I got the joke.

You may still be right about the rebranding cost though.

:-)

--
Brian
"Happy St George's Day. It either is, just was, or soon will be."

Old April 8th 04, 10:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
I saw the first example of a refurbished 317/6 in "one" livery at
cambridge this morning. My they have been fast with the vinyls!

The vinyl's on 321446 which is also in Rainbow livery were applied within a
few days, I rode it on the last Friday of FGE (26th Mar), when it was in
full FGE Blue/Green/Grey, then by the start of one it was out in Rainbow
colours. Crap vinyl's as well, you can see the FGE colours below, above the
windows and doors being the worst.

Old April 8th 04, 01:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , ]
(Darren) wrote:

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
I saw the first example of a refurbished 317/6 in "one" livery at
cambridge this morning. My they have been fast with the vinyls!

The vinyl's on 321446 which is also in Rainbow livery were applied
within a few days, I rode it on the last Friday of FGE (26th Mar), when
it was in full FGE Blue/Green/Grey, then by the start of one it was out
in Rainbow colours. Crap vinyl's as well, you can see the FGE colours
below, above the windows and doors being the worst.

Given the extent of the livery change the finish on the 317 unit was
impressive I thought.

PS No grocer's apostrophes in plurals please.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old April 8th 04, 01:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
PS No grocer's apostrophes in plurals please.

Whoops, that will be the effect (or should that be affect?) of not paying
attention to what the spell checker is suggesting.