Old February 23rd 18, 10:12 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Lendlease wins Euston HS2 development role

http://www.specificationonline.co.uk/articles/2018-02-22/network-rail/lendlease-wins-euston-hs2-development-role

Old February 23rd 18, 10:26 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 10:12:21 on Fri, 23
Feb 2018, Recliner remarked:

http://www.specificationonline.co.uk...network-rail/l
endlease-wins-euston-hs2-development-role

nee Bovis, it seems.
Old February 23rd 18, 11:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Poor Euston. That totally harmless area of central London must be the most ****ed up and ****ed about neighbourhood in Britain.

If it is good - rip it out!! If it is bad, make it worse. Anything memorable, parochial or eye-catching must destroyed and pulverised.
Old February 23rd 18, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

It's a strange name for a company, Lendlease. It allows peoples' minds to wander back to the worst time in this country's history, when we held out a begging cap to FDR and were handed a wispy lifeline in return for massive concessions.

I can imagine some 14-year old history student reading about that episode and thinking, "THAT is what I'll call my company when I grow up."
Old February 23rd 18, 11:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Offramp wrote:
It's a strange name for a company, Lendlease. It allows peoples' minds to
wander back to the worst time in this country's history, when we held out
a begging cap to FDR and were handed a wispy lifeline in return for massive concessions.

I can imagine some 14-year old history student reading about that episode
and thinking, "THAT is what I'll call my company when I grow up."

Perhaps it has different connotations in Australia?

The Times has a short piece about the many links between Sir David Higgins,
HS2 chairman, and Lendlease:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hs2-bosss-old-firm-wins-euston-deal-362c8jzd7?shareToken=2cb30718f2c26bdd56852055afd46 290

Old February 23rd 18, 01:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 23/02/2018 10:12, Recliner wrote:

http://www.specificationonline.co.uk/articles/2018-02-22/network-rail/lendlease-wins-euston-hs2-development-role

Well at least it isn't Carillion…

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old February 23rd 18, 01:27 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 13:12:25 on Fri, 23 Feb
2018, Graeme Wall remarked:

http://www.specificationonline.co.uk.../network-rail/
lendlease-wins-euston-hs2-development-role

Well at least it isn't Carillion

I was half expecting the story to be that LendLease had bought the
project off Carillion's receivers.
Old February 23rd 18, 02:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Offramp" wrote in message
Poor Euston. That totally harmless area of central London must be the most
****ed up and ****ed about neighbourhood in Britain.

If it is good -

the 1960s rebuild of Euston's crap.

Almost no-one thinks otherwise

tim

Old February 23rd 18, 02:34 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 2018\02\23 10:12, Recliner wrote:

http://www.specificationonline.co.uk/articles/2018-02-22/network-rail/lendlease-wins-euston-hs2-development-role

"combining Euston and Euston Square for the first time"

Interesting. What's the ETA on that bit?

Presumably the LU platforms won't be moved, but I'm presuming the
connection at Euston Square will come in at the near end, thus
shortening the interchange.

https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/201...station-cdefg/
Old February 23rd 18, 02:56 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 14:34:37 on Fri, 23 Feb
2018, Basil Jet remarked:
On 2018\02\23 10:12, Recliner wrote:

http://www.specificationonline.co.uk.../network-rail/
lendlease-wins-euston-hs2-development-role

"combining Euston and Euston Square for the first time"

Interesting. What's the ETA on that bit?

Presumably the LU platforms won't be moved, but I'm presuming the
connection at Euston Square will come in at the near end, thus
shortening the interchange.

Last time this cropped up (about 2yrs ago) the prospect was one of
longer walks [part of my campaign against the railway industry
keep-fit-programme-for passengers] partly due to passive provision for
interchange with a future Crossrail 2 station also in the vicinity.

https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/201...ry-underground
-station-cdefg/