London Banter

-   -   Old Oak Common Bombardier Crossrail depot opens (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15678-old-oak-common-bombardier-crossrail.html)

Recliner[_3_] May 16th 18 08:17 AM

Old Oak Common Bombardier Crossrail depot opens

http://www.metro-report.com/news/news-by-region/europe/single-view/view/old-oak-common-elizabeth-line-depot-opens.html

Graeme Wall May 16th 18 08:53 AM

On 16/05/2018 09:17, Recliner wrote:
http://www.metro-report.com/news/news-by-region/europe/single-view/view/old-oak-common-elizabeth-line-depot-opens.html

What's an "energy pile"? Nuclear reactor perhaps?

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Anna Noyd-Dryver May 16th 18 10:10 AM

Recliner wrote:
http://www.metro-report.com/news/news-by-region/europe/single-view/view/old-oak-common-elizabeth-line-depot-opens.html

I’m intrigued by what actually changed on May 10th, thr date it ‘opened’.

AFAICT there are still large areas fenced off for construction work; test
trains have been running in and out regularly for several months and
continue to do so; in the last few weeks (before it ‘opened’) I counted
seven sets stabled there; and the signalling alterations to allow use of
the wash plant and more than one line on/off have just been put back
(probably only slightly, and this is not an unusual occurrence).

So what actually happened on May 10th? Somebody cut a ribbon?

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Robin[_4_] May 16th 18 04:31 PM

On 16/05/2018 09:53, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 16/05/2018 09:17, Recliner wrote:
http://www.metro-report.com/news/news-by-region/europe/single-view/view/old-oak-common-elizabeth-line-depot-opens.html

What's an "energy pile"?Â* Nuclear reactor perhaps?

Not if they followed the plans. They were only supposed to stick
geothermal loops in the construction piles (as well as in umpteen
boreholes) for heating/cooling.

I have no idea if "energy piles" are good value for money or a gimmick.

--
Robin

Certes May 16th 18 04:40 PM

On 16/05/18 17:31, Robin wrote:
On 16/05/2018 09:53, Graeme Wall wrote:
What's an "energy pile"?Â* Nuclear reactor perhaps?

Not if they followed the plans.Â* They were only supposed to stick
geothermal loopsÂ* in the construction piles (as well as in umpteen
boreholes) for heating/cooling.

Now I have visions of Michael Caine beside a nuclear accident, shouting
"You're only supposed to stick the bloody loops in".

Robin[_4_] May 16th 18 05:09 PM

On 16/05/2018 17:40, Certes wrote:
On 16/05/18 17:31, Robin wrote:
On 16/05/2018 09:53, Graeme Wall wrote:
What's an "energy pile"?Â* Nuclear reactor perhaps?

Not if they followed the plans.Â* They were only supposed to stick
geothermal loopsÂ* in the construction piles (as well as in umpteen
boreholes) for heating/cooling.

Now I have visions of Michael Caine beside a nuclear accident, shouting
"You're only supposed to stick the bloody loops in".

I know little things please little minds, but I'm glad someone got it :)

--
Robin