London Banter

-   -   Whats going on at Moorgate? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15689-whats-going-moorgate.html)

[email protected] May 21st 18 01:38 PM

Whats going on at Moorgate?

I was on the Met line platforms at moorgate for the first time in about 5
years today. The entire old Thameslink platform has been partitioned off. Is
this to do with crossrail or is something else going on in there?

Recliner[_3_] May 21st 18 01:44 PM

Whats going on at Moorgate?

On Mon, 21 May 2018 12:38:12 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

I was on the Met line platforms at moorgate for the first time in about 5
years today. The entire old Thameslink platform has been partitioned off. Is
this to do with crossrail or is something else going on in there?

Turning the old CWL into LU sidings.

Offramp May 21st 18 03:21 PM

Whats going on at Moorgate?

On Monday, 21 May 2018 13:44:11 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:
On Mon, 21 May 2018 12:38:12 +0000 (UTC), bol.com wrote:

I was on the Met line platforms at moorgate for the first time in about 5
years today. The entire old Thameslink platform has been partitioned off. Is
this to do with crossrail or is something else going on in there?

Turning the old CWL into LU sidings.

Is it nothing to do with the new trains that are due in September? I have no idea!

Roland Perry May 21st 18 03:30 PM

Whats going on at Moorgate?

In message , at
07:21:40 on Mon, 21 May 2018, Offramp remarked:

I was on the Met line platforms at moorgate for the first time in about 5
years today. The entire old Thameslink platform has been partitioned off. Is
this to do with crossrail or is something else going on in there?

Turning the old CWL into LU sidings.

Is it nothing to do with the new trains that are due in September? I have no idea!

They use a completely different set of (subterranean) platforms.

Recliner[_3_] May 21st 18 03:55 PM

Whats going on at Moorgate?

Offramp wrote:
On Monday, 21 May 2018 13:44:11 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:
On Mon, 21 May 2018 12:38:12 +0000 (UTC), bol.com wrote:

I was on the Met line platforms at moorgate for the first time in about 5
years today. The entire old Thameslink platform has been partitioned off. Is
this to do with crossrail or is something else going on in there?

Turning the old CWL into LU sidings.

Is it nothing to do with the new trains that are due in September? I have no idea!

LU doesn't have any new trains arriving in September. And the CWL to
Moorgate have been transferred to LU, and no longer have any connection to
the NR network. They are being turned into LU S stock sidings.

Recliner[_3_] May 21st 18 04:00 PM

Whats going on at Moorgate?

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
07:21:40 on Mon, 21 May 2018, Offramp remarked:

I was on the Met line platforms at moorgate for the first time in about 5
years today. The entire old Thameslink platform has been partitioned off. Is
this to do with crossrail or is something else going on in there?

Turning the old CWL into LU sidings.

Is it nothing to do with the new trains that are due in September? I have no idea!

They use a completely different set of (subterranean) platforms.

Indeed so. The Elizabeth line Moorgate and Liverpool St station entrances
share one pair of much longer, deeper platforms to the southeast of the old
CWL Moorgate platforms:
https://goo.gl/images/5gg9sV

Roland Perry May 21st 18 04:52 PM

Whats going on at Moorgate?

In message
-septe
mber.org, at 15:00:43 on Mon, 21 May 2018, Recliner
remarked:
I was on the Met line platforms at moorgate for the first time in about 5
years today. The entire old Thameslink platform has been partitioned off. Is
this to do with crossrail or is something else going on in there?

Turning the old CWL into LU sidings.

Is it nothing to do with the new trains that are due in September? I have no idea!

They use a completely different set of (subterranean) platforms.

Indeed so. The Elizabeth line Moorgate and Liverpool St station entrances
share one pair of much longer, deeper platforms to the southeast of the old
CWL Moorgate platforms:
https://goo.gl/images/5gg9sV

Are trains for those due in September too?

Recliner[_3_] May 21st 18 05:19 PM

Whats going on at Moorgate?

Roland Perry wrote:
In message
-septe
mber.org, at 15:00:43 on Mon, 21 May 2018, Recliner
remarked:
I was on the Met line platforms at moorgate for the first time in about 5
years today. The entire old Thameslink platform has been partitioned off. Is
this to do with crossrail or is something else going on in there?

Turning the old CWL into LU sidings.

Is it nothing to do with the new trains that are due in September? I have no idea!

They use a completely different set of (subterranean) platforms.

Indeed so. The Elizabeth line Moorgate and Liverpool St station entrances
share one pair of much longer, deeper platforms to the southeast of the old
CWL Moorgate platforms:
https://goo.gl/images/5gg9sV

Are trains for those due in September too?

No, nothing happens in September; I don't know where that date came from.

That part of the Elizabeth line is due to open in December (which could
slip, though they're trying very hard to keep to it), with 9-car class 345
trains from Abbey Wood to Paddington (Low level).

The outer TfL Rail sections should be re-branded on the same date, but the
three services will remain separate at that stage.

Roland Perry May 21st 18 05:44 PM

Whats going on at Moorgate?

In message
-sept
ember.org, at 16:19:01 on Mon, 21 May 2018, Recliner
remarked:
Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

717's start to replace the 313's

Recliner[_3_] May 21st 18 09:10 PM

Whats going on at Moorgate?

Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

Yes, of course.

I was obviously talking about Crossrail.