Old July 9th 18, 08:37 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

. . . which TfL also knew beforehand would happen.

Old July 9th 18, 09:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Electric black cabs

On 09/07/2018 09:37, Robin9 wrote:
Someone Somewhere;166384 Wrote:

Which has also massively increased rat running on local residential
streets, increasing pollution for people who didn't suffer massively
from it before. Nice one TfL.

. . which TfL also knew beforehand would happen.

But, hey, BoJo's two wheeled, lycra clad mates are all delighted. It's
just all the rest of us that are annoyed.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Old July 9th 18, 10:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, Jul 06, 2018 at 01:56:47PM +0100, Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 06/07/2018 13:34, David Cantrell wrote:
Traffic flows just fine in the vast majority of London, where the vast
majority of Londoners live, at about 30mph.

Yes - sections of arterial road and the north circular etc may well do,
but that's not the vast majority of London, and I would challenge anyone
outside of those roads to even do 15 miles in an hour, let alone 30.

I recommend that you explore away from the major arterial roads and away
from the centre. None of the bits of outer London that I regularly drive
through are clogged up and slow.

--
David Cantrell | even more awesome than a panda-fur coat

European immigration: making Britain great since AD43
Old July 9th 18, 12:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 09/07/2018 11:31, David Cantrell wrote:
The average speed in London is *not* 8 mph. It's 8.something in
*central* London, and the average over *all* of London, including the
centre, is 19.something.

According to TfL, it was 7.8mph in central London, and 17.4 everywhere
else in 2017

Expect major problems over the next year or three as various bits of the
Victoria embankment get closed in one or both directions while they
update the sewer under it.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Old July 9th 18, 12:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 13:14:59 on Mon, 9 Jul
2018, John Williamson remarked:
The average speed in London is *not* 8 mph. It's 8.something in
*central* London, and the average over *all* of London, including the
centre, is 19.something.

According to TfL, it was 7.8mph in central London, and 17.4 everywhere
else in 2017

Given the rollout of whole boroughs limited to 20mph I find the latter
figure hard to believe.

Old July 9th 18, 02:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 13:14:59 on Mon, 9 Jul
2018, John Williamson remarked:
The average speed in London is *not* 8 mph. It's 8.something in
*central* London, and the average over *all* of London, including the
centre, is 19.something.

According to TfL, it was 7.8mph in central London, and 17.4 everywhere
else in 2017

Given the rollout of whole boroughs limited to 20mph I find the latter
figure hard to believe.

A quick glance suggests that there are _no_ boroughs that are 100%
20mph; it varies of course, but in general the "first mile" and
"last mile" roads are more likely to be 20mph and the "middle 8
miles" tend to higher.

Perhaps you could name a borough that you think is 100% 20mph and I'll
point out the roads in it which aren't.

Cheers,

--
Mike Bristow

Old July 9th 18, 03:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 09/07/2018 15:19, Mike Bristow wrote:

Perhaps you could name a borough that you think is 100% 20mph and I'll
point out the roads in it which aren't.

I can't be bothered checking which ones, but while a few claim to be
completely 20mph, they all have roads which are part of the national
trunk network in them, which are at least 30mph, as they can't set the
limits on those roads, due to them being under DFT control.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Old July 9th 18, 03:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 16:20:12 on Mon, 9 Jul
2018, John Williamson remarked:
Perhaps you could name a borough that you think is 100% 20mph and I'll
point out the roads in it which aren't.

I can't be bothered checking which ones, but while a few claim to be
completely 20mph, they all have roads which are part of the national
trunk network in them, which are at least 30mph,

And being trunk roads are congested enough that 8mph is a more realistic
figure.