Old August 7th 18, 07:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default If anyone finds bus route 242...

....please let TfL know.

I discovered on Friday that the route had apparently vanished from TfL's
site: no route, no stops, etc. Same this morning.

TfL's response when I queried this on Friday was to give me this link

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/242.htm

--
Robin

Old August 7th 18, 08:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin wrote:
...please let TfL know.

I discovered on Friday that the route had apparently vanished from TfL's
site: no route, no stops, etc. Same this morning.

TfL's response when I queried this on Friday was to give me this link

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/242.htm

Which is, of course, an unofficial (but very useful) site maintained by
Robert Munster and not by TfL:

"This unofficial website was set up in summer 2000 to provide comprehensive
information on bus routes in the greater London area, principally the
network operated under contract to London Bus Services Limited (LBSL)."

Old August 7th 18, 09:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tuesday, 7 August 2018 08:58:09 UTC+1, Robin wrote:
...please let TfL know.

I discovered on Friday that the route had apparently vanished from TfL's
site: no route, no stops, etc. Same this morning.

TfL's response when I queried this on Friday was to give me this link

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/242.htm

Do you know if the route has now changed? I think it may now begin/end at Millfields Road/Clapton Park. That may be part of the problem.
Old August 7th 18, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 07/08/2018 10:24, Offramp wrote:
On Tuesday, 7 August 2018 08:58:09 UTC+1, Robin wrote:
...please let TfL know.

I discovered on Friday that the route had apparently vanished from TfL's
site: no route, no stops, etc. Same this morning.

TfL's response when I queried this on Friday was to give me this link

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/242.htm

Do you know if the route has now changed? I think it may now begin/end at Millfields Road/Clapton Park. That may be part of the problem.

the route was curtailed at t'other end but big red things labelled 242
still pass beyond there

https://traintimes.org.uk/map/london-buses/#242

--
Robin
Old August 7th 18, 12:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tuesday, 7 August 2018 08:58:09 UTC+1, Robin wrote:
...please let TfL know.

I discovered on Friday that the route had apparently vanished from TfL's
site: no route, no stops, etc. Same this morning.

TfL's response when I queried this on Friday was to give me this link

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/242.htm

--
Robin

I hear that the diversion at Homerton finished early so the timetables weren't quite ready to go out, the original end date was 11 August but the came back last week, the timetable will be back on the website tomorrow.

Old August 7th 18, 12:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 07/08/2018 13:00, Offramp wrote:

I hear that the diversion at Homerton finished early so the timetables weren't quite ready to go out, the original end date was 11 August but the came back last week, the timetable will be back on the website tomorrow.

But that[1] did not cause other routes which were affected - W15, 236,
276, 308, 425, 488 - to vanish from the journey planner, etc etc.

[1] to be pedantic, the work was scheduled to 20 August - and still was
showing as such this a.m. on TfL's site; and I may be wrong but think
Chatsworth Road reopened the week before last

--
Robin
Old August 7th 18, 02:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 07/08/2018 13:26, Robin wrote:
On 07/08/2018 13:00, Offramp wrote:

I hear that the diversion at Homerton finished early so the timetables
weren't quite ready to go out, the original end date was 11 August but
the came back last week, the timetable will be back on the website
tomorrow.

But that[1] did not cause other routes which were affected - W15, 236,
276, 308, 425, 488 - to vanish from the journey planner, etc etc.

[1]* to be pedantic, the work was scheduled to 20 August - and still was
showing as such this a.m. on TfL's site; and I may be wrong but think
Chatsworth Road reopened the week before last

Speaking of diverted buses, I keep seeing W8 buses in the Great
Cambridge Road. What's that about?

--
Basil Jet - listening... P. Morris. PJ Harvey. Palais Schaumburg. Panda
Bear. Parliament. Passengers. Paternoster. Paul Draper. Paul Haig. Paul
Old August 10th 18, 09:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tuesday, 7 August 2018 15:40:07 UTC+1, Basil Jet wrote:
On 07/08/2018 13:26, Robin wrote:
On 07/08/2018 13:00, Offramp wrote:

I hear that the diversion at Homerton finished early so the timetables
weren't quite ready to go out, the original end date was 11 August but
the came back last week, the timetable will be back on the website
tomorrow.

But that[1] did not cause other routes which were affected - W15, 236,
276, 308, 425, 488 - to vanish from the journey planner, etc etc.

[1]* to be pedantic, the work was scheduled to 20 August - and still was
showing as such this a.m. on TfL's site; and I may be wrong but think
Chatsworth Road reopened the week before last

Speaking of diverted buses, I keep seeing W8 buses in the Great
Cambridge Road. What's that about?

There are works going on at Edmonton Green meaning many routes in the area are diverted. The W8 is running via Silver St, A406 and Gt Cambridge Rd. The main Hertford Rd routes are routed round the back of the shopping centre. For different reasons the w/b W3 is also running via Silver St, A406 and south down the Gt Cambridge Rd to regain its line of route.

Ironically these diversions and the closed stops are properly shown on the TfL website if you use the Buses real time status page. First time I've seen diversions be properly shown on the Google map facility with the normal line of route / stops shown as closed.

https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/status/?input...ection=inbound
https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/status/?Input...ction=outbound

--
Paul C
via Google
Old August 10th 18, 09:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 10/08/2018 10:28, Paul Corfield wrote:

Ironically these diversions and the closed stops are properly shown on the TfL website if you use the Buses real time status page. First time I've seen diversions be properly shown on the Google map facility with the normal line of route / stops shown as closed.

https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/status/?input...ection=inbound
https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/status/?Input...ction=outbound

Meanwhile please support the campaign to "Free the 242". The poor thing
is still locked up somewhere in the basement of tfl.gov.uk, it's status
- nay, its very existence - denied by every page

--
Robin
Old August 10th 18, 09:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Friday, 10 August 2018 10:47:36 UTC+1, Robin wrote:
On 10/08/2018 10:28, Paul Corfield wrote:

Ironically these diversions and the closed stops are properly shown on the TfL website if you use the Buses real time status page. First time I've seen diversions be properly shown on the Google map facility with the normal line of route / stops shown as closed.

https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/status/?input...ection=inbound
https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/status/?Input...ction=outbound

Meanwhile please support the campaign to "Free the 242". The poor thing
is still locked up somewhere in the basement of tfl.gov.uk, it's status
- nay, its very existence - denied by every page

Yes. I rechecked today and it still comes up as a blank.