Old August 25th 18, 09:53 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Vicki 'all the stations' Pipe on Radio Norfolk

"Basil Jet" wrote in message
news
On 24/08/2018 21:34, James Heaton wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06g3b9p

Vicki is the 'Tuesday Guest' in the 3rd hour - long interview plus 6
records of her choice. She's from Norfolk originally.

Good interview with most of the railway content later in the hour.

Geoff and Vicki have a book out for Christmas about All the Stations and
are planning an Irish tour in the future.

By "Irish Tour" do you mean they are doing "All The Irish Stations"?
(Although I think that would take less than a week)

Yes. There are about 250 across the whole of Ireland but some have a very
sparse service.

She said if they can get it funded, they'd like to spend more in places than
they were able to on the GB version.

James

Old August 25th 18, 03:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 09:48:07 on Sat, 25 Aug
2018, Recliner remarked:

So, overall, you need about 45 minutes to listen to the full
interview.

So annoying that so many of her answers start "so".

Not that many references to Ely, and I was disappointed to miss their
visit to Shippea Hill (where they apparently stayed the night before in
Ely and then got a lift to Shippea Hill, which is cheating a bit)
because they didn't do a great job of publishing their schedule even to
donors[1], and I missed it by a few days.

[1] Not even when they'd be visiting the station that *you* had
sponsored. iirc I bagged Meldreth (home of Meldrew) because
Shippea Hill went very early on.
Old August 25th 18, 03:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 25/08/18 08:09, Roland Perry wrote:
It appears to requires a "BBC account" to listen on my PC. I'll have to
wait until I can play it on my TV (I presume a TV iPlayer does radio too?)

get_iplayer works for me. For those who need an introduction, see
https://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer/html/get_iplayer.html
or, if you prefer to go straight to the techies' page, it's at
https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer
Old August 25th 18, 05:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 10:49:25 +0100, James Heaton wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message
news
James Heaton wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06g3b9p

Vicki is the 'Tuesday Guest' in the 3rd hour - long interview plus 6
records
of her choice. She's from Norfolk originally.

Good interview with most of the railway content later in the hour.

Geoff and Vicki have a book out for Christmas about All the Stations and
are
planning an Irish tour in the future.

Thanks, I'd never have stumbled on that. I'd no idea she was a dancer and
drummer, or that you could do an MA at the Globe Theatre. Interesting how
temporary job at Buck House can lead to a long-term job at the LT Museum.

Norfolk's my local station, and I record the 'Tuesday Guest' slot every
week.

Probably 3 out of 4 I wipe as soon as I hear who it is, but there can be
some absolute corkers on it!

Alan Partridge?
Old August 26th 18, 07:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 26/08/2018 01:45, Basil Jet wrote:

What were her six music choices?

Night Mail, Pacific 231, Last train to Clarkesville, One after 9.09,
Going Underground, Waterloo Sunset ...... just guessing.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old August 26th 18, 07:30 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 26/08/2018 01:45, Basil Jet wrote:

What were her six music choices?

Night Mail, Pacific 231, Last train to Clarkesville, One after 9.09,
Going Underground, Waterloo Sunset ...... just guessing.

Good guesses, though completely wrong.

Old August 26th 18, 08:32 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

James Heaton wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06g3b9p

Vicki is the 'Tuesday Guest' in the 3rd hour - long interview plus 6 records
of her choice. She's from Norfolk originally.

Good interview with most of the railway content later in the hour.

Geoff and Vicki have a book out for Christmas about All the Stations and are
planning an Irish tour in the future.

I see the book is listed on Amazon, and is the #1 bestseller in the railway
transport category:

The Railway Adventures: Places, Trains, People and Stations Hardcover
by Vicki Pipe and Geoff Marshall
Published 16 Oct 2018, Hardcover, £13.88

Judging by the comments on Twitter, the price fluctuates, and has been as
low as £11.89.
Old August 26th 18, 08:38 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 26/08/2018 08:30, Recliner wrote:
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 26/08/2018 01:45, Basil Jet wrote:

What were her six music choices?

Night Mail, Pacific 231, Last train to Clarkesville, One after 9.09,
Going Underground, Waterloo Sunset ...... just guessing.

Good guesses, though completely wrong.

I've no doubt! Haven't got round to listening to it yet.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old August 26th 18, 09:00 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 26/08/2018 01:45, Basil Jet wrote:

What were her six music choices?

Night Mail, Pacific 231, Last train to Clarkesville, One after 9.09,
Going Underground, Waterloo Sunset ...... just guessing.

Coronation Scot, Engine 54 (the Ethiopians), the whole of Winton Marsalis’s
Big Train album, ...

--
Jeremy Double
Old August 27th 18, 03:05 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 2018-08-25 09:48:07 +0000, Recliner said:

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:21:55 on Sat, 25 Aug
2018, Recliner remarked:

It appears to requires a "BBC account" to listen on my PC.

It didn't require any acount when I played it.

Perhaps your browser has a saved-signin?

Even if it does (I can't remember), I thought I'd see it signing in.

They do it silently and instantly.

Yes, so it seems.

fur colour="blue" Cookies! /fur

Sam

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.