Old April 11th 04, 08:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Watford Stadium First Class Annual Travelcard

Hello,

I wonder if this was ever discussed in 2001. I have tried googling, with no
luck.

Just curious as to whether:

Watford Stadium All Zones First Class Annual Travelcard and any issue to do
with it

means anything to anyone?

Sorry to be a little cryptic... Ring any bells?

Thanks,

Tom

Old April 11th 04, 09:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tom Cordiner" wrote in message
Hello,

I wonder if this was ever discussed in 2001. I have tried googling, with

no
luck.

Just curious as to whether:

Watford Stadium All Zones First Class Annual Travelcard and any issue to

do
with it

means anything to anyone?

Sorry to be a little cryptic... Ring any bells?

I doubt if such a ticket ever existed. I don't think Watford Stadium ever
had a regular service so it is unlikely there would be a season ticket
available from there.

Peter Smyth

Old April 11th 04, 10:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Peter Smyth" wrote in message

I doubt if such a ticket ever existed. I don't think Watford Stadium ever
had a regular service so it is unlikely there would be a season ticket
available from there.

Peter Smyth

I *know* it did. I have held one in my hand

I wonder if anyone else knows what I am talking about. Specifically with
reference to 2001.

Again, sorry to be cryptic but I thought it might have reached
uk.transport.london in the past.

Tom

Old April 11th 04, 11:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tom Cordiner" wrote in message

"Peter Smyth" wrote in message

I doubt if such a ticket ever existed. I don't think Watford Stadium

ever
had a regular service so it is unlikely there would be a season ticket
available from there.

Peter Smyth

I *know* it did. I have held one in my hand

I wonder if anyone else knows what I am talking about. Specifically with
reference to 2001.

Again, sorry to be cryptic but I thought it might have reached
uk.transport.london in the past.

Tom

Well, as Peter said, it never had a regular service, and by 2001 it had
closed anyway, so such a thing wouldn't have existed as a genuine ticket.
My best guess would be a mock ticket, held by a character in a film or
television programme.

If this had been from pre-APTIS days it could also have been a mis-print.
Just before Edmondson stock was phased out somewhere in East London, I think
it was either Forest Gate or Maryland, had ticket stock for Stratford which
had been mis-printed Stafford. I'm not sure how long these lasted for, but
I did manage to get one. I wonder what would have happened if you tried to
travel to Stafford with one.

Old April 11th 04, 11:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tom Cordiner" wrote in message

Again, sorry to be cryptic but I thought it might have reached
uk.transport.london in the past.

There are several mentions of Watford Stadium station in past threads on
various ngs - try searching on Google Groups.

Ian

Old April 11th 04, 11:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Ian F. wrote:
"Tom Cordiner" wrote in message

Again, sorry to be cryptic but I thought it might have reached
uk.transport.london in the past.

There are several mentions of Watford Stadium station in past
threads on various ngs - try searching on Google Groups.

The only usenet reference to both "Watford Stadium" and "First Class" is
a uk.railway thread from 2003 at http://tinyurl.com/yvhj5

--
Richard J.

Old April 12th 04, 12:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in message

The only usenet reference to both "Watford Stadium" and "First Class" is
a uk.railway thread from 2003 at http://tinyurl.com/yvhj5

Indeed.

It is specifically this ticket, not that station generally.

It's a long and convoluted story. I wondered if any NGers had heard it,
that's all. I am not setting this a test, sorry if it came across a bit
weird.

Genuinely curious as to whether it was at all known.

Tom

Old April 12th 04, 12:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Stephen Furley" wrote in message
.. .

Well, as Peter said, it never had a regular service, and by 2001 it had
closed anyway, so such a thing wouldn't have existed as a genuine ticket.
My best guess would be a mock ticket, held by a character in a film or
television programme.

Nope.

It did exist. Was in NFM. At least 20 existed.

If this had been from pre-APTIS days it could also have been a mis-print.
Just before Edmondson stock was phased out somewhere in East London, I

think
it was either Forest Gate or Maryland, had ticket stock for Stratford

which
had been mis-printed Stafford. I'm not sure how long these lasted for,

but
I did manage to get one. I wonder what would have happened if you tried

travel to Stafford with one.

Interesting, but not right in this case.

Thanks for replies though.

Tom

Old April 12th 04, 12:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ian F." wrote in message

There are several mentions of Watford Stadium station in past threads on
various ngs - try searching on Google Groups.

As per original post, I, of course, tried google first.

There are, indeed, several mentions of Watford Stadium station, but none
pertinent to my post. I am ill and bored on a long weekend, so I may have
missed one, of course!

Tom

Old April 12th 04, 09:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 22:53:36 +0100, "Tom Cordiner"
wrote:

"Peter Smyth" wrote in message

I doubt if such a ticket ever existed. I don't think Watford Stadium ever
had a regular service so it is unlikely there would be a season ticket
available from there.

Peter Smyth

I *know* it did. I have held one in my hand

Be careful.

There are 100 platform tickets floating around for Lullingstone, a
station that was built in the late 1930s between Swanley and
Eynsford, but never opened as a result of WW2..

I was the person who ordered them. It's a story I've told before,
but although the tickets are real, they're not authentic - they were
issued in 1982!

It could be that a similar thing happened in the appropriate DMO.

--
Bill Hayles

http://billnot.com