London Banter

-   -   Open top bus conversion (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/16217-open-top-bus-conversion.html)

Graeme Wall November 2nd 18 04:54 PM

Open top bus conversion

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-46077532
--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Roland Perry November 2nd 18 05:39 PM

Open top bus conversion

In message , at 17:54:44 on Fri, 2 Nov 2018,
Graeme Wall remarked:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-46077532

I expect the driver "lost awareness".

Graeme Wall November 2nd 18 05:48 PM

Open top bus conversion

On 02/11/2018 18:39, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 17:54:44 on Fri, 2 Nov 2018,
Graeme Wall remarked:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-46077532

I expect the driver "lost awareness".

That seems to be your phrase of the week.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Roland Perry November 2nd 18 05:58 PM

Open top bus conversion

In message , at 18:48:20 on Fri, 2 Nov 2018,
Graeme Wall remarked:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-46077532

I expect the driver "lost awareness".

That seems to be your phrase of the week.

I'm channelling the accident-investigators' phrase of the year.

MissRiaElaine November 2nd 18 07:42 PM

Open top bus conversion

On 02/11/2018 17:54, Graeme Wall wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-46077532

I remember something similar happening not long after I'd started
working at Travel West Midlands in the late 90's. A new driver (no, NOT
me..!) took a Metrobus under a bridge similar to this. Fortunately
nobody was up there at the time.

He was sacked, but subsequently won his appeal for reinstatement after
it emerged that he had protested he didn't know the route but was
instructed to drive it by someone higher up the food chain who should
really have known better.

--
Ria in Aberdeen