Old April 28th 04, 10:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Congestion Charge extension

Its pretty obvious that the traffic light phasing has been tinkered with
recently so as to aggravate congestion in the run up to consultation on the
Ken & Chelsea expansion, just as the lights were before they introduced the
main central London area. On a point of principle we ought to be fighting
back and exposing this corruption - they've invaded countries before now for
less! Are there any campaign groups who advocate alternate means of
resisting congestion, such as doing away with unnecessary traffic lights,
improving the timing / phasing of lights so as to actually assist traffic
flow rather than deliberately have a stop-go policy, or to ban delivery
vehicles from certain hours, and so on?
--
"If everyone followed my method of deleting all but the snippet of an
earlier message they were replying to then these newsgroups would be a hell

Old April 28th 04, 11:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

ITMA wrote:
Its pretty obvious that the traffic light phasing has been tinkered
with recently so as to aggravate congestion in the run up to
consultation on the Ken & Chelsea expansion,

It's not obvious to me. What evidence do you have that the phasing has
been changed?
--
Richard J.

Old April 29th 04, 08:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in message
ITMA wrote:
Its pretty obvious that the traffic light phasing has been tinkered
with recently so as to aggravate congestion in the run up to
consultation on the Ken & Chelsea expansion,

It's not obvious to me. What evidence do you have that the phasing has
been changed?

That provided by his paranoia.

Old April 29th 04, 08:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

It's not obvious to me. What evidence do you have that the phasing has
been changed?

The fact that I've been driving through the area twice a day for the last
two years without much problem and then over the last few days its
definitely got really really stodgy with 'red' times noticeably longer, much
more stop-go movement, and more bunched up traffic. In short: been there,
seen it.