Old May 6th 04, 09:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Need Paris Day Trip Advice.

We will be going to London in 12 days and would like to take a day
trip to Paris. We have May 20, 23 and 24 available to do this. We
have contacted a few places such as Eurorail, but the early mornings
and cheaper rates seem to be booked. Does anyone have any ideas of
reasonable tour companys that we could try? Maybe we waited too long
to book this? Some suggested staying overnight, but all of our nights
are already booked in London. TIA!

Old May 6th 04, 10:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Laura wrote:
We will be going to London in 12 days and would like to take a day
trip to Paris. We have May 20, 23 and 24 available to do this. We
have contacted a few places such as Eurorail, but the early mornings
and cheaper rates seem to be booked. Does anyone have any ideas of
reasonable tour companys that we could try? Maybe we waited too
long to book this? Some suggested staying overnight, but all of
our nights are already booked in London. TIA!

Unfortunately, the Eurostar website (www.eurostar.com) is down for
maintenance at present, but there is a North American phone number that
you can call:
1 877 257 2887.

Beware of other companies offering day trips to Paris via Eurostar, as
they seem to add on quite a bit to the basic Eurostar fares.

Alternatively, try www.easyjet.com for flights from Luton to Paris.
Cheapest fare on offer at present is £44 return (taxes included) for May
20, providing you don't mind a *very* early start! Sunday and Monday
flights are more expensive, and so are other airlines (British Airways
£80+ for example, but more convenient at both ends of the journey).

--
Richard J.

Old May 7th 04, 07:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 06 May 2004 21:52:51 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

Laura wrote:
We will be going to London in 12 days and would like to take a day
trip to Paris. We have May 20, 23 and 24 available to do this. We
have contacted a few places such as Eurorail, but the early mornings
and cheaper rates seem to be booked. Does anyone have any ideas of
reasonable tour companys that we could try? Maybe we waited too
long to book this? Some suggested staying overnight, but all of
our nights are already booked in London. TIA!

Unfortunately, the Eurostar website (www.eurostar.com) is down for
maintenance at present, but there is a North American phone number that
you can call:
1 877 257 2887.

Beware of other companies offering day trips to Paris via Eurostar, as
they seem to add on quite a bit to the basic Eurostar fares.

Also note that European rail fares quoted through US and Canadian
agents are usually higher than those available in Europe. So I'd be
tempted to wait until you arrive in London and just see what's on
offer at Waterloo station. Alternatively you should be able to phone
the UK Eurostar number +44 8702 649 899 from outside the UK before you
travel.

Martin
Old May 7th 04, 09:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote:

Unfortunately, the Eurostar website (www.eurostar.com) is down for
maintenance at present,

Its back up now. A quick search for 20 May shows availability on 0623
London - Paris (arr 1023), and 2043 Paris - London (arr 2228), at a cost of
GBP69 per adult. Haven't looked at other dates. You can buy on-line, and
collect tickets at the station immediately before you travel.

--
MetroGnome
~~~~~~~~~~

Old May 7th 04, 02:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 6 May 2004 at 15:50:29, Laura wrote:

We will be going to London in 12 days and would like to take a day
trip to Paris. We have May 20, 23 and 24 available to do this. We
have contacted a few places such as Eurorail, but the early mornings
and cheaper rates seem to be booked. Does anyone have any ideas of
reasonable tour companys that we could try? Maybe we waited too long
to book this? Some suggested staying overnight, but all of our nights
are already booked in London. TIA!

If you don't mind "doing it yourself", your best bet would be to go to
http://www.eurostar.com/ and book yourself a return ticket - you can
fiddle about with departure days and times until you get what you want.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 8 March 2004

Old May 7th 04, 08:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 06 May 2004 15:50:29 -0500 Laura
said...

We will be going to London in 12 days and would like to take a day
trip to Paris. We have May 20, 23 and 24 available to do this. We
have contacted a few places such as Eurorail, but the early mornings
and cheaper rates seem to be booked. Does anyone have any ideas of
reasonable tour companys that we could try?

Evan Evans are a long established reputable tour company who offer day
trip packages to Paris via Eurostar:

http://www.evanevans.co.uk/train.htm

--
Phil Richards
London, N4
Old May 12th 04, 07:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 07 May 2004 09:42:44 +0100, Barry Salter
wrote:

Curiously, however, if I go into the Eurostar site supposedly from the
US, it quotes a fare of $120 *each way*....So my advice would be to see
if you can get someone in the UK to book the tickets for you...

This is an example of how expensive it can be to buy European rail
tickets in the US.

Martin

Transport sights for a London day trip [email protected] London Transport 132 November 13th 14 10:09 AM
London day trip - which travel card? A.Lee London Transport 6 November 8th 07 10:37 PM
Need accomodation/transport advice philosopher London Transport 5 March 30th 05 03:27 PM
Gatwick-Paris Henry London Transport 2 October 11th 04 01:57 PM
OT - Paris Metro... Marcus Fox London Transport 5 November 8th 03 05:07 PM