Old February 4th 19, 05:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default This group now blocked in Google Groups

It is now impossible to even read it there. The explanation is excessive
spam, which is true, but much of it was created in Google Groups
anyway. So much for Google being a safe custodian of the Usenet archive.

Eric
--
ms fnd in a lbry

Old February 4th 19, 07:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 04/02/2019 17:41, Eric wrote:
It is now impossible to even read it there. The explanation is excessive
spam, which is true, but much of it was created in Google Groups
anyway. So much for Google being a safe custodian of the Usenet archive.

Whoever (apart from google) ever thought it was that?

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old February 4th 19, 07:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 18:41:27 +0100, Eric wrote:

It is now impossible to even read it there. The explanation is excessive
spam, which is true, but much of it was created in Google Groups
anyway. So much for Google being a safe custodian of the Usenet archive.

Eric

My feed comes from news-europe.giganews.com and I see it through Agent
2.0/32.652. All the useless posts about spurious medicines and drugs
are a nuisance but only take me 30 seconds to delete permanently. I
have been seeing other posts on this group but not a lot of them.
Hope you see this one.

Guy in theUK

Guy Gorton
Old February 4th 19, 07:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 18:41:27 +0100, Eric wrote:

It is now impossible to even read it there. The explanation is excessive
spam, which is true, but much of it was created in Google Groups
anyway. So much for Google being a safe custodian of the Usenet archive.

Eric

My feed comes from news-europe.giganews.com and I see it through Agent
2.0/32.652. All the useless posts about spurious medicines and drugs
are a nuisance but only take me 30 seconds to delete permanently. I
have been seeing other posts on this group but not a lot of them.
Hope you see this one.

Guy in theUK

Guy Gorton

Yes, I saw your post Guy, using Thunderbird to get posts from the Virgin Media news server at news.virginmedia.com. Like you, I find it only takes a few seconds to scan the posts from @gmail.com to make sure none are genuine transport posts, and if so to add them to the list of exceptions to my filter which marks them as probable spam.

What is the best route to complain to Google that they are needlessly excluding genuine usenet posts? And that the spam originates with people that Google are continually allowing to register new temporary @gmail.com addresses for the sole purpose of sending spam. Google, the spam is YOUR FAULT!
--
Richard J.
Old February 4th 19, 08:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 19:49:54 +0000
"Richard J." wrote:
What is the best route to complain to Google that they are needlessly
excluding genuine usenet posts?

LOL Good luck with that! I doubt any of the millennial hipsters working
there have even heard of usenet. Groups is probably a legacy system tucked away
in a dusty corner of one of their data centres with all the people who set it
having long since left.

Old February 5th 19, 10:23 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

I access this group via London Banter where some kind person
does periodically remove all the drug garbage. As long as we
can all post by one means or another, this news group will
continue. If a roundabout way of communicating eliminates
the drug adverts, we'll all be better off anyway.
Old February 5th 19, 07:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 05/02/2019 10:23, Robin9 wrote:
I access this group via London Banter where some kind person
does periodically remove all the drug garbage. As long as we
can all post by one means or another, this news group will
continue. If a roundabout way of communicating eliminates
the drug adverts, we'll all be better off anyway.

It may be worth checking for a news server that runs "cleanfeed" (Now
deprecaed as it's not maintained, or "PyClean", and chatting with the
operator when the unwanted posts arrive, so the sources can be added to
the "block" list.

https://github.com/crooks/PyClean

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Old February 6th 19, 05:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Eric
writes
It is now impossible to even read it there. The explanation is excessive
spam, which is true, but much of it was created in Google Groups
anyway. So much for Google being a safe custodian of the Usenet archive.

Eric

Try to complain about the drug spam posted via Google got the response
that one wasn't authorised to complain even though the headers gave a
complaint address.
Drug spam stopped though (for he moment)
--
Bryan Morris
Old February 6th 19, 07:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 17:06:27 on Wed, 6 Feb
2019, Bryan Morris remarked:

It is now impossible to even read it there. The explanation is excessive
spam, which is true, but much of it was created in Google Groups
anyway. So much for Google being a safe custodian of the Usenet archive.

Try to complain about the drug spam posted via Google got the response
that one wasn't authorised to complain even though the headers gave a
complaint address.
Drug spam stopped though (for he moment)

Because Google have suspended the group for everyone (not just the
spammers).