London Banter

-   -   Acton Main Line (lack of) progress report (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/17602-acton-main-line-lack-progress.html)

Basil Jet[_4_] February 7th 19 01:08 AM

Acton Main Line (lack of) progress report

A new footbridge has been built over the line, but I don't think it has
glass in it yet. The site of the future station is nicely muddy but
that's it. I was aware that some of the improved stations on the western
end of the line were said to be lagging behind, but I suspect that not a
sod had been turned by December 2018.

quick google

It turns out contractors had not yet been appointed in January. I'm a
bit baffled by the article... surely work has been going on at Ealing
Broadway for at least a year.

https://www.newcivilengineer.com/lat...039105.article

--
Basil Jet - Current favourite song...
What by Bruce

Recliner[_3_] February 7th 19 06:48 AM

Basil Jet wrote:

A new footbridge has been built over the line, but I don't think it has
glass in it yet. The site of the future station is nicely muddy but
that's it. I was aware that some of the improved stations on the western
end of the line were said to be lagging behind, but I suspect that not a
sod had been turned by December 2018.

quick google

It turns out contractors had not yet been appointed in January. I'm a
bit baffled by the article... surely work has been going on at Ealing
Broadway for at least a year.

https://www.newcivilengineer.com/lat...039105.article

Perhaps that was just the enabling work mentioned in the article?

Anna Noyd-Dryver February 7th 19 07:43 PM

Basil Jet wrote:

A new footbridge has been built over the line, but I don't think it has
glass in it yet. The site of the future station is nicely muddy but
that's it. I was aware that some of the improved stations on the western
end of the line were said to be lagging behind, but I suspect that not a
sod had been turned by December 2018.

quick google

It turns out contractors had not yet been appointed in January. I'm a
bit baffled by the article... surely work has been going on at Ealing
Broadway for at least a year.

https://www.newcivilengineer.com/lat...039105.article

Work at Acton Main Line (surely it should be Acton Relief Line now that
there are no usable mainline platforms?) has been going on for several
months - the footbridge steelwork was erected recently but the concrete
foundations were being worked on well before Christmas.

Meanwhile at Ealing Broadway the new steps from the existing station
structure to the Down Relief/Up Main island have been installed, the old
steps to the down main platform have been removed.

At West Ealing the footbridge steelwork has also been erected recently.

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Basil Jet[_4_] February 8th 19 12:18 AM

On 07/02/2019 20:43, Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:

Work at Acton Main Line (surely it should be Acton Relief Line now that
there are no usable mainline platforms?)

"Acton Elizabeth" would be my choice of replacement for the current
ridiculous name.

useful info snipped and appreciated

Robin9 February 8th 19 09:50 AM

As the new Old Oak Common station will be so close to Acton
Main Line, would it not be sensible to close this very little used
station and replace with a GWML addition to OOC station?

Basil Jet[_4_] February 8th 19 11:15 AM

On 08/02/2019 10:50, Robin9 wrote:
As the new Old Oak Common station will be so close to Acton
Main Line, would it not be sensible to close this very little used
station and replace with a GWML addition to OOC station?

It won't be that close. I estimate that West Ealing is closer to both
Hanwell and Ealing Broadway than Acton Main Line will be to Old Oak Common.