Old May 2nd 19, 08:48 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default D trains in service for the first time today - 23-4-19

Roland Perry wrote:

As I suspected, missing the interview with the "designer" chappie.

I wonder if Geoff had to go back and re-film his walk-through of the
overhead posters. First time round he was with the designer, now nowhere
to be seen. Might explain why it's taken almost a week to reappear.

Clothes in the wash ?

He has taken great care to wear identical attire if it is just a segment,
as someone who makes a lot of films continuity is something he will be well
aware of but even so many professionals often forget something.
I’d say the whole interior scenes are redone, is it just the designer who
has been removed? Wasn’t there an enthusiast type who was wearing some
Uniform from the Southern T.O.C. Perhaps they didn’t like that if it was an
employee wearing it while off duty out on a jolly , or understandably he
just wasn’t there during the remake.

GH

Old May 2nd 19, 08:59 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 08:48:11 on Thu, 2 May
2019, Marland remarked:
As I suspected, missing the interview with the "designer" chappie.

I wonder if Geoff had to go back and re-film his walk-through of the
overhead posters. First time round he was with the designer, now nowhere
to be seen. Might explain why it's taken almost a week to reappear.

Clothes in the wash ?

He has taken great care to wear identical attire if it is just a segment,
as someone who makes a lot of films continuity is something he will be well
aware of but even so many professionals often forget something.
I’d say the whole interior scenes are redone, is it just the designer who
has been removed? Wasn’t there an enthusiast type who was wearing some
Uniform from the Southern T.O.C. Perhaps they didn’t like that if it was an
employee wearing it while off duty out on a jolly , or understandably he
just wasn’t there during the remake.

I didn't watch the original that closely, but my sense is that there
were more people on the train the first time around.
Old May 2nd 19, 09:23 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 08:26:05 on Thu, 2 May 2019,
Recliner remarked:
I wonder if Geoff had to go back and re-film his walk-through of the
overhead posters. First time round he was with the designer, now nowhere
to be seen. Might explain why it's taken almost a week to reappear.

No, I suspect he had plenty of unused original footage that he could use in
a new edit. He may even have realised when filming that he might need to
produce a different version like this.

Not so much "unused footage", as doing the walk through two separate
times.
Old May 2nd 19, 11:06 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In article , Recliner
scribeth thus
Basil Jet wrote:
On 23/04/2019 21:55, Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 April 2019 21:09:03 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:
wrote:
230004 entered service on the Bletchley - Bedford line today and here are
a couple of shots of it at Millbrook this evening after a tip-off:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/605390...in/dateposted-

public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/605390...in/dateposted-

public/

What do they sound like? A DMU or four Transit vans going past?

Just a low purring noise.

That's encouraging — they should be pretty quiet inside.

Geoff Marshall's video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntSn5_2TWcM

Thanks, I'm impressed, as Geoff was. I hope Vivarail gets a lot more orders
for them.

Says on my PC vid unavailable on Firefox and chrome browsers!...

--
Tony Sayer

Old May 2nd 19, 11:08 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

tony sayer wrote:
In article , Recliner
scribeth thus
wrote:
230004 entered service on the Bletchley - Bedford line today and here are
a couple of shots of it at Millbrook this evening after a tip-off:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/605390...in/dateposted-

public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/605390...in/dateposted-

public/

What do they sound like? A DMU or four Transit vans going past?

Just a low purring noise.

That's encouraging — they should be pretty quiet inside.

Geoff Marshall's video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntSn5_2TWcM

Thanks, I'm impressed, as Geoff was. I hope Vivarail gets a lot more orders
for them.

Says on my PC vid unavailable on Firefox and chrome browsers!...

Keep reading the thread.

Old May 2nd 19, 11:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 03/05/2019 00:06, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Recliner
scribeth thus
wrote:
230004 entered service on the Bletchley - Bedford line today and here are
a couple of shots of it at Millbrook this evening after a tip-off:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/605390...in/dateposted-

public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/605390...in/dateposted-

public/

What do they sound like? A DMU or four Transit vans going past?

Just a low purring noise.

That's encouraging — they should be pretty quiet inside.

Geoff Marshall's video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntSn5_2TWcM

Thanks, I'm impressed, as Geoff was. I hope Vivarail gets a lot more orders
for them.

Says on my PC vid unavailable on Firefox and chrome browsers!...

It's rather fitting to see complaints from the past refurbished and
redeployed...

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Art Brut - 2007 - It's A Bit Complicated
Old May 3rd 19, 07:53 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:
230004 entered service on the Bletchley - Bedford line today and here are
a couple of shots of it at Millbrook this evening after a tip-off:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/605390...in/dateposted-

public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/605390...in/dateposted-

public/

What do they sound like? A DMU or four Transit vans going past?

Just a low purring noise.

That's encouraging — they should be pretty quiet inside.

Geoff Marshall's video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntSn5_2TWcM

Thanks, I'm impressed, as Geoff was. I hope Vivarail gets a lot more orders
for them.

Says on my PC vid unavailable on Firefox and chrome browsers!...

Last week called - they want their comment back.
Old May 3rd 19, 08:30 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 00:06:37 on Fri, 3 May
2019, tony sayer remarked:
In article , Recliner
scribeth thus