Old July 24th 19, 06:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default ES: Crossrail at risk of being delayed even further

On 24/07/2019 17:12, Recliner wrote:
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 24/07/2019 14:03, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:01:05 on Wed, 24 Jul
2019, Graeme Wall remarked:

I'm sorry, is this a five minute argument, or the full half hour?

Â*Graeme has the means to truncate it to five minutes.

Even quicker, I'm not taking part.

Â*That's fair enough, but confirms my view that the posting which
startedÂ* this subthread was a complete wobbler. Glad we got that sorted.

Only inside the echo chamber of your mind.

On balance, as you refuse to justify your position, it fails.

You really are pathetic, desperately trying to have the last word so you
can justify in your own mind "winning" an argument that only ever
existed i your head. For heaven's sake grow up and stop acting like a
spoilt child.

It's hard to believe that Roland was once a high flying international
business executive. Although I suppose it's this sort of childish behaviour
that brought that career to an end.

There's no need for that sort of personal stuff, especially when you
were not the target of his pointless argument (on this occasion).

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Paul Weller - 2002 - Illumination

Old July 24th 19, 07:46 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 18:53:13 on Wed, 24 Jul
2019, Basil Jet remarked:
I'm sorry, is this a five minute argument, or the full half hour?

*Graeme has the means to truncate it to five minutes.

Even quicker, I'm not taking part.

*That's fair enough, but confirms my view that the posting which
started* this subthread was a complete wobbler. Glad we got that sorted.

Only inside the echo chamber of your mind.

On balance, as you refuse to justify your position, it fails.

You really are pathetic, desperately trying to have the last word so you
can justify in your own mind "winning" an argument that only ever
existed i your head. For heaven's sake grow up and stop acting like a
spoilt child.

It's hard to believe that Roland was once a high flying
international
business executive. Although I suppose it's this sort of childish behaviour
that brought that career to an end.

There's no need for that sort of personal stuff, especially when you
were not the target of his pointless argument (on this occasion).

I know you are going to hate this, but I wasn't even the one stirring up
a pointless argument. That honour goes to those who fail to understand
the mayor's role. I did my best to put that record straight, but the
fallout has been admittedly very tedious.
Old July 24th 19, 08:39 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 24/07/2019 19:46, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 18:53:13 on Wed, 24 Jul
2019, Basil Jet remarked:
I'm sorry, is this a five minute argument, or the full half hour?

Â*Â*Graeme has the means to truncate it to five minutes.

Even quicker, I'm not taking part.

Â*Â*That's fair enough, but confirms my view that the posting which
startedÂ* this subthread was a complete wobbler. Glad we got that
sorted.

Only inside the echo chamber of your mind.

On balance, as you refuse to justify your position, it fails.

You really are pathetic, desperately trying to have the last word so
you
can justify in your own mind "winning" an argument that only ever
existed i your head. For heaven's sake grow up and stop acting like a
spoilt child.

Â*It's hard to believe that Roland was once a high flying international
business executive. Although I suppose it's this sort of childish
behaviour
that brought that career to an end.

There's no need for that sort of personal stuff, especially when you
were not the target of his pointless argument (on this occasion).

I know you are going to hate this, but I wasn't even the one stirring up
a pointless argument. That honour goes to those who fail to understand
the mayor's role. I did my best to put that record straight, but the
fallout has been admittedly very tedious.

I don't hate it, I don't care. I don't read every message. I don't
recall who posted every message that I do read. I don't know who started
this argument and I don't care to check. But over time I do notice that
every pointless argument has got you in it.

Old July 25th 19, 08:32 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 20:39:24 on Wed, 24 Jul
2019, Basil Jet remarked:

I don't recall who posted every message that I do read. I don't know
who started this argument and I don't care to check. But over time I do
notice that every pointless argument has got you in it.

I seem to attract people who quibble about the most minor of details.

The threads which people characterise as "pointless" are usually where
the quibbler has egg on their face and keeps digging.

It's a feature of Usenet, and we just have to live with it.