Old September 16th 19, 11:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Electric Shapps

In message , at 11:16:00 on
Mon, 16 Sep 2019, David Walters remarked:

Street View shows my old door has been replaced and is now a different
colour but the developer has long gone so I expect the covenant isn't
enforceable.

What about covenants for "things on the front", other than satellite
dishes?

Sort of, caravans were banned for example.

Apologies for leaving out the word "attached". Although I once had a
near neighbour who attached his caravan parked in the front garden to
his house with an extension lead.

It was one house of four. The developer didn't want someone to do
something ugly until they were all sold. After that they weren't very
interested.

That is indeed the usual business model. Parking vans much bigger than a
Morris Minor can turn out to be banned too.

Old September 16th 19, 02:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Is this thread title a pun on the record label "Electric Shapes"?

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Galen Sadko - 2003 - In Our Bedroom
Old September 16th 19, 08:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 09:32:13 on Sun, 8 Sep 2019,
Roland Perry remarked:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/t...221daed84a5f55
3
e362f97fc7a5a7

so the reasons seem to be:

because he got government grant of 3,500 - for a near 50 grand car
(after options) is that really a deal maker?

So he can save on the ultra-low emission zone fee, - surely your
average second hand petrol model achieves that

not very compelling, is it?

The various greenwash suspicions are interestingly at odds with a much
earlier decision not to buy Priuses(sp) as ministerial cars, because
their overall footprint wasn't regarded as sufficiently compelling.

especially as he admits himself that there are not enough public
charge points - there's not a single one within parking distance of my
house

The nearest two Tesla chargers to my house are both 15 minutes drive,
and at hotel/B&B type locations. Are those truly "public"?

I'm surprised to see there's a "Pod point" [whatever that is] charger
at the Sainsbury's, because I've never noticed it. I'll go take a
proper look tomorrow.

Eventually; and the electric supply has been there a while, no evidence
of having been retro-plumbed-in after the shop was first opened seven
years ago. But don't know when it was provisioned with a charger.

2x7kW, and a second but unprovisioned pair of parking bays alongside.

http://www.perry.co.uk/images/sainsburys_charger.jpg

A Renault Zoe plugged in, 7kW is an eight-hour charge, apparently. I'm
not sure I can drag out my shopping there much beyond half an hour.
Old September 16th 19, 09:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

Last week I noticed another electric vehicle in use, this time unmanned. It
was at Heathrow, and I glanced out of the window as our departing A321
completed its push back. I expected to see the usual big diesel tug being
driven away enveloped in blue exhaust fumes, but instead saw a cute little
yellow robot toddling back to the stand, obediently accompanying its
master. It turns out that BA has now equipped all its gates at T5A with
these Mototok robotugs, but I'd not noticed them befo

https://mediacentre.britishairways.com/pressrelease/details/86/News-1/11451?ref=HeroStory

https://youtu.be/oIC3jw4Giic

So it means that most flights from T5A now start out electrically powered!

Old September 16th 19, 09:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 16/09/2019 21:35, Recliner wrote:

Last week I noticed another electric vehicle in use, this time unmanned. It
was at Heathrow, and I glanced out of the window as our departing A321
completed its push back. I expected to see the usual big diesel tug being
driven away enveloped in blue exhaust fumes, but instead saw a cute little
yellow robot toddling back to the stand, obediently accompanying its
master. It turns out that BA has now equipped all its gates at T5A with
these Mototok robotugs, but I'd not noticed them befo

https://mediacentre.britishairways.com/pressrelease/details/86/News-1/11451?ref=HeroStory

https://youtu.be/oIC3jw4Giic

So it means that most flights from T5A now start out electrically powered!

Interesting, I flew from T5 to Aberdeen in July, but I confess I wasn't
watching to see what they were using.

--
Ria in Aberdeen

Old September 16th 19, 11:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 16/09/2019 21:35, Recliner wrote:

Last week I noticed another electric vehicle in use, this time unmanned. It
was at Heathrow, and I glanced out of the window as our departing A321
completed its push back. I expected to see the usual big diesel tug being
driven away enveloped in blue exhaust fumes, but instead saw a cute little
yellow robot toddling back to the stand, obediently accompanying its
master. It turns out that BA has now equipped all its gates at T5A with
these Mototok robotugs, but I'd not noticed them befo

https://mediacentre.britishairways.com/pressrelease/details/86/News-1/11451?ref=HeroStory

https://youtu.be/oIC3jw4Giic

So it means that most flights from T5A now start out electrically powered!

It doesn't look like a robot, it looks radio-controlled by adjacent bod.

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Spaceways - 1996 - Trad
Old September 17th 19, 12:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:32:13 on Sun, 8 Sep 2019,

I'm surprised to see there's a "Pod point" [whatever that is] charger
at the Sainsbury's, because I've never noticed it. I'll go take a
proper look tomorrow.

Eventually; and the electric supply has been there a while, no evidence
of having been retro-plumbed-in after the shop was first opened seven
years ago. But don't know when it was provisioned with a charger.

2x7kW, and a second but unprovisioned pair of parking bays alongside.

http://www.perry.co.uk/images/sainsburys_charger.jpg

A Renault Zoe plugged in, 7kW is an eight-hour charge, apparently. I'm
not sure I can drag out my shopping there much beyond half an hour.

You haven’t allowed for when the self operated checkouts are broken and the
remaining employee operated one has Mrs Slow working.

GH

Old September 17th 19, 04:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote:
On 16/09/2019 21:35, Recliner wrote:

Last week I noticed another electric vehicle in use, this time unmanned. It
was at Heathrow, and I glanced out of the window as our departing A321
completed its push back. I expected to see the usual big diesel tug being
driven away enveloped in blue exhaust fumes, but instead saw a cute little
yellow robot toddling back to the stand, obediently accompanying its
master. It turns out that BA has now equipped all its gates at T5A with
these Mototok robotugs, but I'd not noticed them befo

https://mediacentre.britishairways.com/pressrelease/details/86/News-1/11451?ref=HeroStory

https://youtu.be/oIC3jw4Giic

So it means that most flights from T5A now start out electrically powered!

It doesn't look like a robot, it looks radio-controlled by adjacent bod.

It's radio-controlled, but many of its functions are automated.

Old September 17th 19, 06:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 23:31:11 on Mon, 16
Sep 2019, Marland remarked:
I'm surprised to see there's a "Pod point" [whatever that is] charger
at the Sainsbury's, because I've never noticed it. I'll go take a
proper look tomorrow.

Eventually; and the electric supply has been there a while, no evidence
of having been retro-plumbed-in after the shop was first opened seven
years ago. But don't know when it was provisioned with a charger.

2x7kW, and a second but unprovisioned pair of parking bays alongside.

http://www.perry.co.uk/images/sainsburys_charger.jpg

A Renault Zoe plugged in, 7kW is an eight-hour charge, apparently. I'm
not sure I can drag out my shopping there much beyond half an hour.

You haven’t allowed for when the self operated checkouts are broken and the
remaining employee operated one has Mrs Slow working.

Mot of the times I'm there the staff outnumber the customers. That's
because it appeals to a demographic which shops mainly at the weekend,
which I avoid doing. It's also a relatively small example - about ten
tills, of which rarely more than three need to be manned - so it doesn't
take long to get round.
Old September 17th 19, 07:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 16/09/2019 21:35, Recliner wrote:

Last week I noticed another electric vehicle in use, this time unmanned. It
was at Heathrow, and I glanced out of the window as our departing A321
completed its push back. I expected to see the usual big diesel tug being
driven away enveloped in blue exhaust fumes, but instead saw a cute little
yellow robot toddling back to the stand, obediently accompanying its
master. It turns out that BA has now equipped all its gates at T5A with
these Mototok robotugs, but I'd not noticed them befo

https://mediacentre.britishairways.com/pressrelease/details/86/News-1/11451?ref=HeroStory

https://youtu.be/oIC3jw4Giic

So it means that most flights from T5A now start out electrically powered!

Interesting, I flew from T5 to Aberdeen in July, but I confess I wasn't
watching to see what they were using.

Yes, they're low profile and easily missed if you're not looking for them.