London Banter

-   -   What was Kings Cross LU station closed yesterday (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/17727-what-kings-cross-lu-station.html)

Recliner[_4_] January 10th 20 11:29 AM

What was Kings Cross LU station closed yesterday

I tried to enter Kings Cross St Pancras LU station last night, around
20:30 and found the entrances closed, and Please Evacuate warnings
being played on the PA, with the occasional Inspector Sands message
interspersed. I hung around for a few minutes before giving up and
getting home another way. There was one fire engine parked outside one
of the entrances.

Does anyone know what the problem was? I can't find any news reports,
so I assume it wasn't anything serious (probably a false alarm).

Roland Perry January 10th 20 12:01 PM

What was Kings Cross LU station closed yesterday

In message , at 12:29:20 on
Fri, 10 Jan 2020, Recliner remarked:

I tried to enter Kings Cross St Pancras LU station last night, around
20:30 and found the entrances closed, and Please Evacuate warnings
being played on the PA, with the occasional Inspector Sands message
interspersed. I hung around for a few minutes before giving up and
getting home another way. There was one fire engine parked outside one
of the entrances.

Does anyone know what the problem was? I can't find any news reports,
so I assume it wasn't anything serious (probably a false alarm).

One similar question on Twitter. No answers. Reopened at around 9.15pm

Recliner[_4_] January 10th 20 12:42 PM

What was Kings Cross LU station closed yesterday

On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 13:01:03 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 12:29:20 on
Fri, 10 Jan 2020, Recliner remarked:

I tried to enter Kings Cross St Pancras LU station last night, around
20:30 and found the entrances closed, and Please Evacuate warnings
being played on the PA, with the occasional Inspector Sands message
interspersed. I hung around for a few minutes before giving up and
getting home another way. There was one fire engine parked outside one
of the entrances.

Does anyone know what the problem was? I can't find any news reports,
so I assume it wasn't anything serious (probably a false alarm).

One similar question on Twitter. No answers. Reopened at around 9.15pm

I didn't even manage to find that when I searched Twitter!

The app on my phone said that all lines were running normally (which
was probably technically true -- I think the trains themselves were
running normally).