Old February 2nd 20, 01:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Tunnels from Willesden Junction to Hackney and Wimbledon

One of London's other underground tunnel networks:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-51315970/inside-the-hidden-power-tunnels-of-london

Old February 2nd 20, 11:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 02/02/2020 14:47, Recliner wrote:
One of London's other underground tunnel networks:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-51315970/inside-the-hidden-power-tunnels-of-london

I presume the rail beneath the roof is for a schwebebahn like they have
in the power tunnel from Elstree to St Johns Wood.

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Pere Ubu With Sarah Jane Morris - 2009 - Long Live Père Ubu!
Old February 3rd 20, 02:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Basil Jet wrote:
On 02/02/2020 14:47, Recliner wrote:
One of London's other underground tunnel networks:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-51315970/inside-the-hidden-power-tunnels-of-london

I presume the rail beneath the roof is for a schwebebahn like they have
in the power tunnel from Elstree to St Johns Wood.

Would not be surprised if some of the footage was taken from the vehicle as
remote controlled inspection by camera is what it has been installed for.

GH

Old February 3rd 20, 04:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 03/02/2020 03:45, Marland wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:
On 02/02/2020 14:47, Recliner wrote:
One of London's other underground tunnel networks:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-51315970/inside-the-hidden-power-tunnels-of-london

I presume the rail beneath the roof is for a schwebebahn like they have
in the power tunnel from Elstree to St Johns Wood.

Would not be surprised if some of the footage was taken from the vehicle as
remote controlled inspection by camera is what it has been installed for.

Ah. There's a difference between a schwebebahn that can transport a
camera and a schwebebahn that can transport a man. I wonder.

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Pere Ubu - 2009 - Bring Me The Head Of Ubu Roi
Old February 3rd 20, 07:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Basil Jet wrote:
On 02/02/2020 14:47, Recliner wrote:
One of London's other underground tunnel networks:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-51315970/inside-the-hidden-power-tunnels-of-london

I presume the rail beneath the roof is for a schwebebahn like they have
in the power tunnel from Elstree to St Johns Wood.

Would not be surprised if some of the footage was taken from the
vehicle as
remote controlled inspection by cameraÂ* is what it has been installed
for.

Ah. There's a difference between a schwebebahn that can transport a
camera and a schwebebahn that can transport a man. I wonder.

Size

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old February 3rd 20, 10:30 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote:
On 02/02/2020 14:47, Recliner wrote:
One of London's other underground tunnel networks:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-51315970/inside-the-hidden-power-tunnels-of-london

I presume the rail beneath the roof is for a schwebebahn like they have
in the power tunnel from Elstree to St Johns Wood.

Would not be surprised if some of the footage was taken from the vehicle as
remote controlled inspection by camera is what it has been installed for.

Ah. There's a difference between a schwebebahn that can transport a
camera and a schwebebahn that can transport a man. I wonder.

The manufacturer doesn’t give much detail on their website but they are
supplying equipment for an existing tunnel that is being reequipped in the
Croydon area rather than the new build featured in the BBC clip.

http://www.fataautomation.co.uk/case...n-vehicle.html

Perhaps National Grid wants to install such a system as standard where it
can on similar new and refurb projects if space permits.

GH