Old March 10th 20, 10:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Heathrow expansion plans "illegal"

wrote:
On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 19:14:21 -0000 (UTC)
Billy No Mates wrote:
wrote:
On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 12:50:21 -0000 (UTC)
Billy No Mates wrote:
wrote:
Have you forgotten already?

So it would seem. Do enlighten me.

It was almost two years ago, so no doubt your memory has faded:

Thats nice. I'll ask again - when did I say I didn't visit pubs? In fact its
pretty clear in that post that I do and FWIW I generally have a coffee.

Just in case your senile old brain doesn't realise, its not 1970 anymore,

pubs
serve non alcoholic drinks and many also serve food. So toddle off and find
the post where I said I never enter pubs or be a big boy and admit you've had

yet another of your many senior moments.

Read that thread again: you obviously seldom visit a pub.

I was in one the w/e before last having lunch and I have better things to do
that re-read a thread from 2 years ago in order to prove that you're even more
of a plank than I already thought.

You mean, because it proved you were lying?

I can imagine your knitting circle gathering in the pub for their coffee
mornings, followed by lunch. Yeah, right.

Old March 10th 20, 10:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 20:27:43 on Mon, 9 Mar
2020, MissRiaElaine remarked:

The expression "online friend" has become a bit devalued over the
years, but I try to stick to only people I have earlier met in person.

I don't mean so-called "friends" on FarceBuke or Twitface, the people I
consider friends are those with whom I share a common interest and can
speak to on the phone.

As I said earlier, my 'social media friends' are almost all people who I
have met (and that will have been because we have - or had at the time -
a common interest). Almost none would I ever speak to on the phone,
because it's so much easier to contact them online.

This week, chatting to someone in Australia, who should have been in
Mexico, and thus won't be passing through London again for a month
or too.

And I have no wish to know if you are currently wearing trousers or not..!!!

That's for me to know and you [not] to find out
--
Roland Perry
Old March 10th 20, 03:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Billy No Mates wrote:
wrote:
[...]

If thats the case you'll be able to post something to that effect otherwise
go do one.

I can imagine your knitting circle gathering in the pub for their coffee
mornings, followed by lunch. Yeah, right.

Don't project your own weekends into my life.

Old March 10th 20, 06:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 10/03/2020 11:47, Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

I don't *want* to find out, thanks all the same..!!

I am not a great "typer" and this is an awkward way of communicating for
me. I am a talker and could spend hours on the phone (and frequently do..!)

--
Ria in Aberdeen

Old March 11th 20, 07:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 10/03/2020 19:00, MissRiaElaine wrote:
snip
I am not a great "typer" and this is an awkward way of communicating for
me. I am a talker and could spend hours on the phone (and frequently do..!)

As am I, we frequently have to set a timer so that we don't go over the
60 minutes, then hang up and redial. It has be known for us to it three
timea in one conversation.