Old March 9th 20, 03:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Heathrow expansion plans "illegal"

MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 09/03/2020 12:50, Recliner wrote:

Like cigarettes, beer is something that you have to aquire a taste for
because its so digusting. I never bothered.

I like both, although I was forced to give up smoking due to price, not
for any other reason. I still drink occasionally, but again price has an
effect.

Forcing people to give up what they enjoy by pricing them out of the
market achieves little or nothing except raising tax revenue from the
wealthy, but I'd better shut up or I'll get too political even for this
group.

Just to avoid confusion, it was Boltar (Neil Robertson) who said he found
beer disgusting, not me. I certainly don't! And, unlike Neil, I do go to
pubs.

Old March 9th 20, 04:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 09/03/2020 15:14, Recliner wrote:

Just to avoid confusion, it was Boltar (Neil Robertson) who said he found
beer disgusting, not me. I certainly don't! And, unlike Neil, I do go to
pubs.

Sorry, it's difficult to know who said what sometimes on here, what with
all the quoting.

--
Ria in Aberdeen

Old March 9th 20, 04:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 09/03/2020 15:14, Recliner wrote:

Just to avoid confusion, it was Boltar (Neil Robertson) who said he found
beer disgusting, not me. I certainly don't! And, unlike Neil, I do go to
pubs.

Sorry, it's difficult to know who said what sometimes on here, what with
all the quoting.

I was quoting back to him his remark from 2018, after he denied all
knowledge of making it.

Old March 9th 20, 04:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 12:50:21 -0000 (UTC)
Billy No Mates wrote:
wrote:
Have you forgotten already?

So it would seem. Do enlighten me.

It was almost two years ago, so no doubt your memory has faded:

Thats nice. I'll ask again - when did I say I didn't visit pubs? In fact its
pretty clear in that post that I do and FWIW I generally have a coffee.

Just in case your senile old brain doesn't realise, its not 1970 anymore, pubs
serve non alcoholic drinks and many also serve food. So toddle off and find
the post where I said I never enter pubs or be a big boy and admit you've had
yet another of your many senior moments.

Old March 9th 20, 04:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 14:31:37 +0000
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 09/03/2020 09:22, wrote:
On Sat, 7 Mar 2020 23:02:47 +0000
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 07/03/2020 12:14,
wrote:
On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 16:53:09 +0000
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 05/03/2020 16:44,
wrote:

Yet another long haul? Your carbon bootprint must be coming along nicely

imagine.

My other half and I will probably be going to the States later this year
to visit friends. I *would* row the Atlantic, but I'm a bit out of
practice and I suspect I'd lose puff before I got out of sight of the

land.

Or alternatively don't go. They can't be close friends if they cleared off
to live 4000 miles away.

Who says they cleared off..? They were born there. What, I can't make
friends with people in other countries now..?

Perhaps you have a different definition of friends. For me a friend is

someone
who I can phone and meet down the pub, not someone I have to fly miles
to see maybe and shell out a small fortune to do so.

A friend to me is someone I relate to, common interests and such like.
Distance doesn't come into it in the present era of t'interweb. I speak
to my friends in the US on the phone often, and as a result would like
to visit.

Ah online "friends". Not the same thing at all.

I do have friends I can go to the pub with, but that's not my sole
definition of the word.

We'll have to agree to differ on that then.

Old March 9th 20, 07:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Billy No Mates wrote:
wrote:
Have you forgotten already?

So it would seem. Do enlighten me.

It was almost two years ago, so no doubt your memory has faded:

Thats nice. I'll ask again - when did I say I didn't visit pubs? In fact its
pretty clear in that post that I do and FWIW I generally have a coffee.

Just in case your senile old brain doesn't realise, its not 1970 anymore, pubs
serve non alcoholic drinks and many also serve food. So toddle off and find
the post where I said I never enter pubs or be a big boy and admit you've had
yet another of your many senior moments.

Read that thread again: you obviously seldom visit a pub.

Old March 9th 20, 08:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 19:17:06 on Mon, 9 Mar
2020, MissRiaElaine remarked:

Ah online "friends". Not the same thing at all.

Not the same, but to me as equally a friend as someone who lives
locally. I can pick up the phone and call them,

The expression "online friend" has become a bit devalued over the years,
but I try to stick to only people I have earlier met in person.

As a bit of a social butterfly at conferences, that's several hundred.

(More than 600 on Linked-in, 250 on Facebook, and 500 Twitter followers
although they are the least-curated)

Both Facebook and Linked-In try to nag one into befriending strangers
(based on second-order connections as well as pure spammers).

I'm prepared to accept a few well-qualified persons who have also gone
to the trouble of phoning me, otherwise only people I have actually met.

if I feel so inclined and have made myself look reasonably presentable,
I can have a video call with them.

That's a whole new can of worms. A bit like the apocryphal TV news
presenter with no trousers on under the desk.
Old March 9th 20, 08:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 09/03/2020 20:01, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 19:17:06 on Mon, 9 Mar
2020, MissRiaElaine remarked:

Â*Ah online "friends". Not the same thing at all.

Not the same, but to me as equally a friend as someone who lives
locally. I can pick up the phone and call them,

The expression "online friend" has become a bit devalued over the years,
but I try to stick to only people I have earlier met in person.

As a bit of a social butterfly at conferences, that's several hundred.

(More than 600 on Linked-in, 250 on Facebook, and 500 Twitter followers
Â*although they are the least-curated)

Both Facebook and Linked-In try to nag one into befriending strangers
(based on second-order connections as well as pure spammers).

I'm prepared to accept a few well-qualified persons who have also gone
to the trouble of phoning me, otherwise only people I have actually met.

if I feel so inclined and have made myself look reasonably
presentable, I can have a video call with them.

That's a whole new can of worms. A bit like the apocryphal TV news
presenter with no trousers on under the desk.

I don't mean so-called "friends" on FarceBuke or Twitface, the people I
consider friends are those with whom I share a common interest and can
speak to on the phone.

And I have no wish to know if you are currently wearing trousers or not..!!!

--
Ria in Aberdeen

Old March 10th 20, 11:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Billy No Mates wrote:
wrote:
Have you forgotten already?

So it would seem. Do enlighten me.

It was almost two years ago, so no doubt your memory has faded:

Thats nice. I'll ask again - when did I say I didn't visit pubs? In fact its
pretty clear in that post that I do and FWIW I generally have a coffee.

Just in case your senile old brain doesn't realise, its not 1970 anymore,

pubs
serve non alcoholic drinks and many also serve food. So toddle off and find
the post where I said I never enter pubs or be a big boy and admit you've had

yet another of your many senior moments.

Read that thread again: you obviously seldom visit a pub.

I was in one the w/e before last having lunch and I have better things to do
that re-read a thread from 2 years ago in order to prove that you're even more
of a plank than I already thought.