Old March 13th 20, 03:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL's enhanced cleaning regime

This is an extract from the weekly TfL newsletter:

Enhanced cleaning regime for public transport

We have introduced an enhanced cleaning regime to improve the already
high hygiene levels on London's public transport.

While Public Health England has stated there are no specific concerns
about using public transport, TfL has chosen to make improvements to
its well-established cleaning programme. Cleaning across the Tube and
bus network now includes additional substances that kill viruses and
bacteria on contact in order to reduce the risk of coronavirus
spreading.

Our trains, stations and buses are already professionally cleaned
daily, but last Friday we began to roll out an enhanced anti-viral
fluid on Tube trains and stations to provide added protection. Key
interchanges will be cleaned more regularly than usual, including
during the day.

All buses will now be carefully wiped down with strong disinfectant
every day in regular touched areas, such as poles and doors. We will
also use this disinfectant in depots and drivers' cabs, which were
previously cleaned regularly with traditional disinfectant.

We are also in the final testing stages of a new, longer lasting
cleaning agent that would provide anti-viral protection for up to 30
days. We hope to begin using it across the network in the next couple
of weeks.

In the meantime, Public Health England urges everyone to wash their
hands regularly throughout the day, before eating and when arriving at
work or home. Following this advice ensures that using public
transport is as safe as the rest of the city. By using enhanced fluids
with anti-viral qualities, we aim to make it even safer.

Old March 13th 20, 04:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 15:37:08 +0000
Billy No Mates wrote:
This is an extract from the weekly TfL newsletter:

Enhanced cleaning regime for public transport

Given one of their drivers has gone down with it I suspect its a bit too
late. Not that its much use against an airborn virus anyway but it probably
makes companies look like they're being proactive doing this sort of thing.

Old March 14th 20, 10:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 09:42:29 on Sat, 14 Mar
2020, Recliner remarked:
wrote:
In message , writes
Billy No Mates wrote:
This is an extract from the weekly TfL newsletter:

Enhanced cleaning regime for public transport

Given one of their drivers has gone down with it I suspect its a bit too
late. Not that its much use against an airborn virus anyway but it probably
makes companies look like they're being proactive doing this sort of thing.

It appears that the driver had not actually gone back to work, so
there's little chance that he would have infected the underground.

Where was he for the five days before he had symptoms while he was
unknowingly
infecting others?

The Tube driver is self-isolating, and the train and depot he worked in is
being deep-cleaned, TfL said.
The driver said he had not worked in any public-facing job since returning
from Vietnam.

What exactly does that mean? That he was only shunting trains around the
depot, or that he was driving trains but had never walked through one
(eg to change ends).

A spokesman added: "The safety of our staff and customers is our top
priority and we are taking all necessary precautions.

"The areas where the driver worked are being cleaned, including the depot
and the trains, in line with guidance from Public Health England with whom
we are working closely."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-51868904

Old March 15th 20, 04:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 09:42:29 -0000 (UTC)
Billy No Mates wrote:
wrote:
On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 08:15:54 +0000
In message , writes
Billy No Mates wrote:
This is an extract from the weekly TfL newsletter:

Enhanced cleaning regime for public transport

Given one of their drivers has gone down with it I suspect its a bit too
late. Not that its much use against an airborn virus anyway but it probably

makes companies look like they're being proactive doing this sort of thing.

It appears that the driver had not actually gone back to work, so
there's little chance that he would have infected the underground.

Where was he for the five days before he had symptoms while he was

unknowingly
infecting others?

The Tube driver is self-isolating, and the train and depot he worked in is
being deep-cleaned, TfL said.
The driver said he had not worked in any public-facing job since returning
from Vietnam.

And so long as he had the plane to himself , didn't interact with anyone at
the airport, got a sealed taxi home from it and didn't go to the shops or
see any of his family between landing and symptoms appearing then we have
nothing to worry about.

This whole self isolation is bloody nonsense. But the time the symptoms appear
the person has been spreading the virus for almost a week already.

Old March 15th 20, 09:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

This whole self isolation is bloody nonsense. But the time the symptoms appear
the person has been spreading the virus for almost a week already.

And would continue to do so for another week. A 50% reduction in exposure time
is not to be sneezed at. Pun intended.