Old March 19th 20, 12:29 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc

Default Tube partially shut due to Kung Flu

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...urces-11959814

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Sybarite - 2016 - Waver The Absolute

Old March 19th 20, 01:02 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc

Basil Jet wrote:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...urces-11959814

The Tube shutdowns could be much greater next week if the rumoured London
shutdown happens.

Old March 19th 20, 01:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 01:02:40 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...nd-transport-r
estricted-by-weekend-whitehall-sources-11959814

The Tube shutdowns could be much greater next week if the rumoured London
shutdown happens.

I'd love to know how they'd intend to inforce it. They haven't got enough
police to do deal with normal crime, never mind this. And putting the army
onto the streets of mainland UK would be the kiss of death for any government.
Not they have enough soldiers either frankly.

Old March 19th 20, 01:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc

Recliner wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...nd-transport-r
estricted-by-weekend-whitehall-sources-11959814

The Tube shutdowns could be much greater next week if the rumoured London
shutdown happens.

I'd love to know how they'd intend to inforce it. They haven't got enough
police to do deal with normal crime, never mind this. And putting the army
onto the streets of mainland UK would be the kiss of death for any government.
Not they have enough soldiers either frankly.

I think this situation is going to be the kiss of death for this
government anyway, they are in a no-win situation whatever they do. The
one thing they have got going for them is the continuing stupidity of
the labour party which still doesn't have a leader or a coherent policy
on anything.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old March 19th 20, 02:07 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc

On 19/03/2020 13:53, Graeme Wall wrote:

I think this situation is going to be the kiss of death for this
government anyway,

As I stared at the empty shelves I thought "Thank God McDonnell didn't
become chancellor or we would have five years of this".

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
The Passions - 1982 - Africa Mine

Old March 19th 20, 02:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 14:07:58 +0000, Basil Jet
wrote:

On 19/03/2020 13:53, Graeme Wall wrote:

I think this situation is going to be the kiss of death for this
government anyway,

As I stared at the empty shelves I thought "Thank God McDonnell didn't
become chancellor or we would have five years of this".

more like forever

--
www.abelard.org
Old March 19th 20, 02:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc

Recliner wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...nd-transport-r

estricted-by-weekend-whitehall-sources-11959814

The Tube shutdowns could be much greater next week if the rumoured London
shutdown happens.

I'd love to know how they'd intend to inforce it. They haven't got enough
police to do deal with normal crime, never mind this. And putting the army
onto the streets of mainland UK would be the kiss of death for any

government.
Not they have enough soldiers either frankly.

I think this situation is going to be the kiss of death for this
government anyway, they are in a no-win situation whatever they do. The

True, but the hysterical over reaction - though at least not as bad as the
ever excitable latins across the channel - is probably going to dump the world
into a global depression which could end up costing many more deaths in the
long run than this virus.

one thing they have got going for them is the continuing stupidity of
the labour party which still doesn't have a leader or a coherent policy
on anything.

Until normal people start joining again and voting for sensible leaders
Labour will remain a protest party for middle class Marxists and agitators.

Old March 19th 20, 02:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 14:21:43 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 13:53:20 +0000
Graeme Wall wrote:
Recliner wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

[...]

but will it how that they really really care?

one thing they have got going for them is the continuing stupidity of
the labour party which still doesn't have a leader or a coherent policy
on anything.

Until normal people start joining again

comedian!

Old March 19th 20, 03:45 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc

Default Tube partially shut due to Coronavirus

Recliner wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

[...]

I agree with that.

My other point is we should be calling it by it's proper name.