Old March 20th 20, 06:06 PM posted to uk.railway, uk.transport.london, uk.politics.misc

Default Tube partially shut due to Kung Flu

On 20 Mar 2020, MissRiaElaine wrote
(in article ):

On 20/03/2020 17:49, Keema's Nan wrote:
On 20 Mar 2020, MissRiaElaine wrote

Getting them to pay their fare would be even more of a challenge, given
the attitude that most of the scrotes we carried had.

They would have to fit the bus with a rail station style entrance which is
activated by a card of some description, although it might slow down
boarding
somewhat.

With no actual staff present to stop them, they'd just leap over the
gate, or get on by the exit door if there is one. Also how would
disabled passengers board with no staff to assist..?

Hmmmm.... it seems I have not thought this through.

Old March 20th 20, 07:07 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc

On 20/03/2020 18:32, Sam Wilson wrote:

tempting-fate
I’m sure you could do it with 5G...
/tempting-fate

Possibly, although I don't think many drivers have room in their houses
for the full aircraft-style simulator cockpit you'd need; you couldn't
do it with a laptop screen and a joystick, too difficult to get all
round vision. With some of the cabs I've been in, it's hard enough when
you're actually sitting there..!

--
Ria in Aberdeen