Old May 12th 20, 08:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Nice empty tube

On Mon, 11 May 2020 20:54:41 +0100
"tim..." wrote:
wrote in message ...
On Mon, 11 May 2020 14:37:17 +0100
"tim..." wrote:
wrote in message
On Mon, 11 May 2020 11:11:23 +0100
"tim..." wrote:
wrote in message
On Sun, 10 May 2020 08:34:40 +0100
are there any voices suggesting that, starting from where we are,
there
is
any workable alternative to three more weeks (with slight tinkering
perhaps)?

Of course there is -

then you'll have a cite for that

wont you

Do you

need a

citation if someone

tells you how to put

on you

underpants?

so you don't have ne then

Why would I need a citation to be able to say the government could stop
this
lockdown tommorow? Do you think they don't have that power?

the question, from three replies ago was:

where is the mainstream opinion that that is the right thing for HMG to do

Given up arguing with an idiot now

Is the opinion of an entire country in the form of sweden not enough for you?
Why not try learning to read you pillock.

Old May 12th 20, 08:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 11 May 2020 21:26:32 +0100
Graeme Wall wrote:

"tim..." wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Wasn't Boltar the selfish, arrogant, know-everything,
sell-your-colleagues-down-the-river villain from Battlestar Galactica?

Indeed he was

Old June 16th 20, 05:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 08/05/2020 14:02, Recliner wrote:
Bryan Morris wrote:
In message , Recliner
writes
Marland wrote:
Recliner wrote:

Have they taped off any seats, as seems to have happened in foreign
metros? Any police asking if your journey is strictly necessary?

I’m surprised with a good part of the country getting all nostalgic for an
event that for most was really their parents and grandparents party that
the posters from that era bearing that question haven’t been reprinted
with figure of a solder replaced by a nurse.

https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/26111

Yes, a very good idea.

There can't be many people left who have personal memories of VE-Day. After
the care homes crisis, their number has probably halved in the last couple
of months. Not a great way of celebrating them.

Your normal ********

In the UK there are 3.2 million people aged over 80 and 1.6 million aged
over 85

But then what would I expect from you

As I've already said, I was thinking of people who were old enough to know
what VE Day was about. That doesn't include children.

Very late catching up on this, I know. But why doesn't it include
children? I was just under 7 on VE Day, but knew very well what it
meant, including the fact that my dad was coming home after 5 years. I
did wonder at the time whatever they would talk about on the news if
there was no war.

Peter Beale